Talk

Advanced search

Where can we go in October that is hot, quite close and not over expensive.

(8 Posts)
maroulla Sun 24-Aug-08 15:33:35

we are thinking of going on holiday in the October half term and want it to be hot but not too boiling, not too expensive and not have to be on the plane for hours on end

MamaMimi Sun 24-Aug-08 15:50:52

canaries? or is that further than want?

maroulla Sun 24-Aug-08 15:53:05

I have thought of there but with it being school hols the prices seem to be double or maybe I am looking in the wrong place. It is quite far

nappyaddict Sun 24-Aug-08 15:54:58

gambia - quite expensive to get there but accomodation is dirt cheap.

Sidge Sun 24-Aug-08 15:55:25

Portugal? Egypt?

To be honest if you want hot in October half term as opposed to just warm you're going to have to fly for a few hours at least.

It's also not going to be cheap.

maroulla Sun 24-Aug-08 15:56:52

I know, I am wondering if I should wait until a few days before and see if I can bag a bargain last minute one.

terf Wed 27-Aug-08 16:00:48

We booked a cheap flight with Easyjet to Sardinia - its a ferry ride across to Corsica so you can combine the two plus the weather isn't so bad at that time of year. We went to Alghero in November a couple of years back and it was still warm.

lindseyfox Sun 07-Sep-08 20:16:51

our half term in east midlands is week beginning 20th oct so cheaper then as most half terms are week commencing 27th oct.

we have booked week all inc to rhodes for 2 of us for £350 each flying from gatwick on 18th oct for 7nights.

wasnt much more for the following week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now