Talk

Advanced search

DD too big for travel cot, what can I use?????

(13 Posts)
fifitot Sat 23-Aug-08 17:54:28

Visiting family soon who don't have a spare bed. DD usually sleeps in travel cot but now too big. Anyone used one of those kid ready bed things - any good or any alternative?

strawberrycornetto Sat 23-Aug-08 18:01:42

We have a junior ready bed. DD went into it when she outgrew her travel cot and we have used it loads. Its great, she sleeps fine in it and likes it too so she sees it as a treat. The only problem is, if your DD is in a room with you, it can be quite noisy - its kind of crinkly when she rolls over.

TeacherSaysSo Sat 23-Aug-08 18:22:37

A sleeping bag. The kids ones have a blow up mattress attached. You can get them all over the place.

Dropdeadfred Sat 23-Aug-08 18:23:21

I would be interested in this...does any company make a larger travel cot?

TeacherSaysSo Sat 23-Aug-08 18:30:01

How old is your child if they have outgrown a travel cot?Do they really need to be 'penned in'? Surely they can be trusted not to run away?

Girls love sleeping bags, especially pink ones!

Dropdeadfred Sat 23-Aug-08 18:32:51

My dd is 3 yrs old but is still i a cot at home and when we sugested her sleeping in a ready bed whilst on holiday she was very sad, she loves her travel cot....would love to buya larger one.

TeacherSaysSo Sat 23-Aug-08 18:34:35

Does a really big travel cot equal a playpen?

Dropdeadfred Sat 23-Aug-08 18:36:29

Well dd would only ever seep in it and if she chooses to can clib out too, but she loves it and loves lining up her cuddly toys in it...

I wouldn't use it as a playpen (?)

TeacherSaysSo Sat 23-Aug-08 18:45:22

sorry I meant, could a playpen be used as a big travel cot blush

bubblagirl Sat 23-Aug-08 18:46:27

i would say get a ready bed you will be having to make the transition to bed soon i would of thought you can get disney princess ready beds really sweet

Dropdeadfred Sat 23-Aug-08 18:50:57

dd has a readybed but she loves her cot..we have dscussed getting her a lovely new 'big girl' bed at home too but she is not happy about the idea yet. We are lucky in that she has been dry at night now for almost a year but also never needs to get up for a wee at night grin

fifitot Sat 23-Aug-08 20:33:55

She won't run away and is in a toddler bed at home. Just need something portable, compact and suitable for a 2 year old. Looks like a ready bed is it! Thanks for advice.

You can get travel cots that are longer than others. For example our Century Travel cot is 119cm long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now