Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hey aznerak - you around?

(41 Posts)
HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 13:58:13

just wanting to ask you some questions about getting to your villa in Creissan, and different ways to get there...
and also to find out if its available for autumn half term of course... will find dates.

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 15:37:56

have got half term dates, and we are off from 18th oct to weds 29th oct.
i am thinking there may be a fair old drive to do... is saturday fixed as a chnage over day? ideally would like it from mon 20th for 7 nights, i think... havnt checked with himself yet.

is there a port we can sail to to cut drive down to a day or so, do you know? we are near southampton, so anywhere on s coast is ok

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 16:06:14

Hi HappypillsGalore

I am about!

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 16:06:38

would you rather chat on the phone or here?

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 18:41:51

hi there
here better... rampaging kids calling me away avery 2 minutes or so...
SO
whaddaya say, huh?

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 20:30:41

Are you there?

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 20:36:50

Well, where do I start?!?

The villa is available in late October so that wouldn't be a problem. Out of season, we are very flexible and will do everything we can to make it work for guests. So, if you wanted to arrive another day apart from Saturday, that would be no problem at all. Similarly, if you wanted to stay for say 9 days instead of 7 or 14, that would be fine too.

In terms of getting there, we always drive. We are in SW London and do the journey in a day both there and back. You can of course stop over en route and if that was your preference, we could certainly advise on suitable places/hotels. We aren't good sailors and take Eurotunnel so I am not overly familiar with the ferry crossings but I can certainly look into it for you.

What else do you want to know?

Az x

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 20:45:52

Or, if you could face the trip to Stansted, you could fly to Beziers for just £24.66 per person, return including all surcharges and taxes (flying out on Sat 18th departing Stansted at 10.10 arriving Beziers at 13.05, returning on Sat 25th Oct departing Beziers at 13.30 arriving Stansted at 14.25)

Or is driving the the only option?

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 21:48:20

hmm, well flyings an option at that price, for sure.

id prefer to fly... but cant do a lot of driving in one day with a dp and 3 dc under 6. the dc would be fine, its the dp who would be a pita wink

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 21:50:35

prefer to drive i mean

mind you, stansted is maybe a pain... will look into other flight options, thanks.

and thats great news re days moving about etc, ta.

still have to get dp on board, but the house and location etc look perfect for a holiday i could actually <gasp> relax on grin

BreeVanderCampLGJ Thu 21-Aug-08 21:52:22

Link please...grin

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 21:53:42

You can fly from Gatwick too with easyjet. Costs about £60 per person return fully inclusive of all taxes etc.

The Stansted to Beziers flights are fab times of day too though

What else can I help with?

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 21:56:06

Hi BreeVanderCampLGJ

We have a small ad here on mumsnet and our own website at www villakarli.co.uk.

Anything you want to know? smile

BreeVanderCampLGJ Thu 21-Aug-08 21:56:36

Ahem ....link please....wink

BreeVanderCampLGJ Thu 21-Aug-08 21:56:53

blush

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 21:58:17

and there is SO much to see and do with children. Ours are both under 7 and we've been going there for years now and still haven't done everything. We send out a fab guest info pack telling you everything you possibly need to know about the villa, area, things to see and do with kids etc etc

Just let me know if there is anything else you want to know.

Happy to investigate any travel things for you. treat me as your personal travel agent!

BreeVanderCampLGJ Thu 21-Aug-08 21:59:28

Have bookmarked....

Mucho

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 22:00:14

and the local wine is SO good...certainly helps you relax!

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 22:07:01

aw man, i SO want to go...

your services as personal travel agents are more than appreciated, thanks grin

so you can recommend a motel/hotel or two for overnight stops along the way?

someone else on other thread has just linked to the train too, which goes from london st pancras to bezier... just no idea how receptive dp will be to idea. and also london is a bit out of the way for us.

i will check our local regional airports for beziers

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 22:10:19

Flybe from Southampton to Peripignan
Easyjet from Gatwick to Montpellier
Ryanair from Luton/Stansted/Bristol to Beziers
Ryanair from Stansted to Carcassonne/Perpignan/Montpellier
Ryanair from Luton to Nimes

We have done various stopovers.

Do the drive over 2 days, stopping at either Orleans or Bourges on the way down/back

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 22:15:34

hmmm, ryanair bristol-beziers is looking rather tasty on price... more money for that local wine of which you speak grin

25 quid return all in, for the 19th to the 27th...

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 22:17:16

multimap says its a 2 and a half our drive each way to bristol...

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 22:20:09

southampton the easiest airport (or bournemouth) but flybe site not showing any flights for that week.

aznerak Thu 21-Aug-08 22:28:36

At the other end you are less than 3o minutes from the villa at Beziers airport. As they only have about 2 flights a day, there are never delay problems!

HappypillsGalore Thu 21-Aug-08 22:29:51

from what i can tell of that train site, im looking at about 100 quid per person rtn, but the 2yo would be free... so 400 quid, plus drive/train to london, and travel to the house.
looks about the same price whether you go by day or on overnight couchettes.

mind you, overnight sounds good in theory, but would undoubtedly mean stress, with 3 v tired, excited under 6's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now