Talk

Advanced search

Cheap place to go in late Sept... can't camp.... any recommendations?

(7 Posts)
choosyfloosy Wed 20-Aug-08 22:21:41

We can't camp at the moment as dh's back is too fragile - don't want to fly if we can avoid it - we need to be out of the house due to building works - any ideas??

claricebeansmum Thu 21-Aug-08 10:15:36

If money is tight with building works could you go youth hostelling?

LIZS Thu 21-Aug-08 10:21:21

how cheap and what/where are you looking for ?

choosyfloosy Thu 21-Aug-08 12:53:46

how cheap.... well, camping cheap, but with beds! I don't really think we're going to find anything, but wondered if there is something we haven't thought of... we'd be delighted to youth hostel but it's actually not that cheap any more if you want a family room (fair enough) - the quotes I got were about 65 per night.

JuliaL Thu 21-Aug-08 13:32:59

I go to a chalet bungalow in Norfolk which is c.£200 a week. Sleeps 3. My DS loves it as it is only a couple of minutes down the lane to the sea. Have had 5 holidays here in 3 years so can recommend. Definitely a huge step on on a hostel and the bed is fine!
email me @ juliafmlaw@hotmail.com if you would like the owner's contact details.

choosyfloosy Thu 21-Aug-08 14:00:27

oh wow that's brilliant [emails]

DrNortherner Thu 21-Aug-08 14:04:33

pot a doodle do wig wam village? Similar to camping but youe get a foam mattress.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now