Talk

Advanced search

anyone know if I we can turn up with an extra suitcase at Ryan Air..

(12 Posts)
treacletart Wed 20-Aug-08 21:48:06

(within riddiculously meagere allowances of course)and not get charged stupidly for it?

I had it in my head it was going to cost £32 quid a round trip per suitcase so I only booked one between us. Looks like it was actually "only" £16 and I'm thinking, as we're allowed just 15kg per checked suitcase it might be sensible for dh to bring along one too. Am I going to end up with an extra penalty charge on top for it? (ryan air's extortionate helpline is closed at the moment)

MmeLindt Wed 20-Aug-08 21:51:00

You will have to pay extra, even if you book it 10 mins after booking your extra flight. I can have a look if I can find out how much.

MmeLindt Wed 20-Aug-08 21:51:24

that should be actual flight, not extra flight

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 20-Aug-08 21:51:48

I think it's £ 16 per trip, so yes, £32

Have you had a look at their stupidly complicated website?

MmeLindt Wed 20-Aug-08 21:57:23

Yes, Boys is right, 16quid

here

treacletart Wed 20-Aug-08 22:12:13

Ahh ok, they've only charged me £16 for cases so far - presumably they get me for the bag again on the way back?

So if we have another case it's going to cost me another £16 each way.... and there aren't any extra charges for just turning up with it and not warning them in advance?...

Still I have spotted that we should be able to claim the £24 airport check in charge back because the only reason we couldn't do it online instead is because we're travelling with an infant.

Gawd this is all so stressful and complicated we normally do this trip by eurostar and I really wish we were this time too. Bloody Ryanair!!! never again I tell you!

MmeLindt Thu 21-Aug-08 08:45:31

You normally pay 8pounds each bag each flight.

If you wish to add another bag it costs you 16pounds each bag each flight, so double what you would have paid if you had booked online originally.

Afair, the only way to add another bag on is to phone the hotline or do it at the airport, I was not able to do it online when I had the same problem.

As to the online checkin thing, I would not bet on you being able to claim that back. They are very strict with their charges.

I have learnt wiht Ryanair that if you book everything in advance, and you have to be VERY careful that you get all the details and dates right, then it is ok. The actual service is not great but then the prices are generally a lot cheaper than any other airlines. We have flown with them a lot.

bagsforlife Thu 21-Aug-08 15:12:50

We have just flown Ryanair and my sister accidently had extra bag (thought allowance was over several bags, didnt realise had to actually book amount of bags) She was charged £16 which was slightly annoying BUT (and this is the most important bit!) the worst thing was she had to queue in a separate very long queue to pay the charge and it was a good job we had arrived at the airport in plenty of time. Some poor man nearly missed his flight as the queue was so long, my sister let him go in front of her but others wouldnt. So you can take an extra bag BUT try and add it online before or leave PLENTY of time to sort it out when you get to airport. Other than that flight was ok.

forevercleaning Thu 21-Aug-08 15:15:56

can you squidge it into hand luggage? Each passenger can take a piece of hand luggage - not sure if it has to be up to 10kg - check it out,

last week family of 5 took 2 checked in bags but 3 of us took backpacks of handluggage containing clothes at that is free.

forevercleaning Thu 21-Aug-08 15:16:41

that was ryanair by the way.

becka1 Thu 21-Aug-08 19:47:55

they didn't charge me for an extra bag either way but it was baby stuff so wonder if thats why they let me off the hook!

WendyWeber Thu 21-Aug-08 20:13:26

If you have hold baggage you have to do airport check-in, with or without an infant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now