Talk

Advanced search

Baby food in Spain

(4 Posts)
mum2oneloudbaby Mon 18-Aug-08 16:18:46

please help

going to stay with PIL in Spain and want them to get me some jars and nappies in for when we get there as I don't want to spend my holiday shopping and cooking but they are pretty clueless when it comes to these things so would like to be able to tell them what to look out for.

i am assuming that they won't be branded the same in Spain (we use hipp and mum's own) what brands should they look out for in the supermarket.

Also, can you get huggies? or what would be the equivalent local brand.

Thanks for your help

NicMac Tue 19-Aug-08 06:24:34

Hi, they do have HIPP I think and lots of Johnson's products. Not sure about nappies but the local ones will be fine I'm sure. Have a great time

ChopsTheDuck Tue 19-Aug-08 07:37:25

they do plenty of jars, can't remember the brand. They do pampers rather than huggies irrc
they only sell in massive packets too, so if it is for one baby for a week you might be better off packing them.

Hersetta Fri 22-Aug-08 14:24:26

My mum lives in spain and have been half a dozen times already with my 11 month old. Most of the jars in spain are by a brand called Hero - they are ok but I think they are too smooth (fine if your baby is younger but not so good if yours is slightly older. as the foof only had lumps in from 12 months. Hipp is available , though more expensive.

Pampers nappies are branded Dodot in Spain but my Mum just buys me own brand nappies from Carrefour which are fine. The sizes are the same as the Uk but weights are only shown in kilos so make sure you buy the right size. They do come in large packs but you can also buy they in smaller backs of 34.My mum buys me packs of 72 although you can routinely buy packs of 150.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now