Talk

Advanced search

Sitting on the suitcases and just knowing there over 20kg...

(11 Posts)
CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 18-Aug-08 12:59:52

I hate this part of holidays,i cant travel light as I am a control freak and pack everything and as ds doesnt have an allowance and he has most stuff I just dread the part at airport when they weigh the bags in....

anyone share this experience?

Dropdeadfred Mon 18-Aug-08 13:02:03

why doesn't your DS have an allowance?
how many of you are travelling? can you sread his belongings out amongest everyones' bags? Don't forget you can have quite large bag as handluggage

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 18-Aug-08 13:05:26

ds is 8 months and theres all the gear that goes with an 8 month...

theres me, dd and dh all with 20kg each.Its the kids case thats massive and I have took some out as dh takes very little compared to me and dd!

I just am glad when the cases go through. I usually am about 2kg over but I think I will get some hand luggage on the go

Dropdeadfred Mon 18-Aug-08 13:06:35

how long are you going for? are there laundry facilities there?

nervousal Mon 18-Aug-08 13:08:49

how long are you going for? Whats so heavy for an 8 month old? We did 10 days with dd with 32kg between the 3 of us - even had enough to bring home pressies etc within the weight

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 18-Aug-08 13:12:49

Ha
If my weight was 32kg then dh would have had a pair of swimming shorts and ds two nappies!

Its me im a crap packer.I take everything and change my clothes all the time blush

Im just rubbish.I could never backpack..

ChopsTheDuck Mon 18-Aug-08 13:14:31

Write a list down here and we can point out all the unecessaries. grin

Ive jsut packed for the 6 of us, in four cases, all of which are well under 20kg. Prob about three cases are clothes and towels,etc. One case actually contains a bbq, toiletries, kitchen bits, and two smaller suitcases for bringing wine and things back in.

fifisboys Mon 18-Aug-08 15:16:38

I've got the same problem, i need to pack for me, dp ds1 who all have 20kg each, but ds2 is 8 month so i need to pack 2 weeks worth of milk,nappies and jars of food. I can't even get any baby things when i'm there as i'm going to the Dominican Republic and have been told its not easy to find shops that sell baby stuff hmm

nervousal Mon 18-Aug-08 15:19:24

Don't people in the Dominican republic have babies then???

fifisboys Mon 18-Aug-08 15:22:25

My thoughts as well, sil was there last year and found it almost impossible to find places that sold baby food in the resorts, so i'm being well prepared for excess baggage charges!

CountessDracula Mon 18-Aug-08 15:24:08

Weigh them at home and take stuff out before you go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now