Talk

Advanced search

Mini Cooper and a baby

(7 Posts)
spottedandstriped Sat 16-Aug-08 19:56:48

Anyone out there with a mini cooper and a baby of 6 months? I really want to get one!!! Does a Petite Star Zia Buggy fit in the boot? Would you put the car seat in the front (or the back) and if in the back is it really difficult to get the baby out???

Thanks

MrsDougRoss Sat 16-Aug-08 20:15:17

I had a mini cooper, sold it when baby number 2 came along. miss it so much am going to get fiat 500. it was easier when DS was in forward facing car seat. The air bag has to be turned off by bmw so was not possible to put him in front. I had a loola and a quinny zapp both fitted.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sat 16-Aug-08 20:20:14

Hiya i have been looking into a mini and took my petite star zia and it fit fine in the boot and in the boot of the convertible also. Dont know abaout the car seat question as i am still looking for a bargain.

spottedandstriped Mon 18-Aug-08 20:57:38

can anyone else comment on whether they have put the car seat in the front or back of the mini?

musttryharder Tue 19-Aug-08 13:40:32

Had a mini cooper when DS arrived, at the time the airbag had to be switched off by BMW and the seatbelt had to be changed (I had one of the first MINI coopers) I'm pretty sure that with newer models the front airbag can be switched off by a key in the glovebox. I found that the boot was too small and ended up using the car like a van with back seats dropped down to get earlier version of Quinny pushchair in. Rear Facing Babyseat (maxi cosi) would fit in the back but not behind DH if he was driving (DH is just over 6ft) also as I had a bad back at the time getting the rear facing seat in and out of the rear of the car with DS in was a nightmare. Can't fault the car, was great to drive and now DD is almost in a Stage 2 seat would be pretty tempted to get another.

DarrellRivers Tue 19-Aug-08 13:48:03

?mini clubman-more bootspace and clubman door easier getting seats in and out of

dinkystinky Thu 21-Aug-08 09:47:24

Got a mini cooper (had it before DS - now 2 - born) - fine with one baby (quinny zapp fits in boot so suspect petit star zia should do or could use maclaren and have one seat down). Make sure you get one with Isofix - makes choice of carseats so much wider. Now pregnant with no 2 so will be getting rid of it sadly - as need more boot space!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now