Talk

Advanced search

Oct sun with 20mo - Cyprus?

(7 Posts)
sarahsmummy Sat 16-Aug-08 19:29:16

We (DH + DD, 20m) were planning on a week in Dorset this October, but I'm really feeling the effects of not enough sun - seem to have had cold or similar all year incl 4 days in bed in the last 3 weeks!! - so need some sun. Cyprus has been suggested; I'd appreciate any views on resorts and hotels or any alternatives. Would like a decent hotel on a sandy beach that has suitable facilities (eg early dinner and amenable to children); also don't want to do a massive flight.

nicolasmum Sat 16-Aug-08 20:10:26

Have you thought about Turkey, it's a 4 hour flight and will still be warm. Once you are there it's cheap to eat out etc. There is a small village called Akyaka that is child friendly, shallow sea and sandy beach. There is also a english 33yr old girl who offers child care. She is qualified, has first aid, a GB police check and loads of experience. H4U go and Anatolian Sky if you want a package or it's easy to DIY. Read the forum on www.akyaka.com as there is lots of info on there.

3andnomore Sat 16-Aug-08 20:17:46

We lived out in Cyprus years and years ago, and whilst there, my SIL and BIL visited and they stayed in Protaras...we went to visit them there and it was a very beautyful spot.
Beautyful Sand Beaches.....gorgeous Hotels.....!

3andnomore Sat 16-Aug-08 20:18:48

Oh yes, Cyprus is now quite expensive....used to be so cheap....not anymore

Me dh and dd who was 8 months at the time went to cyprus last october. Went to pathos in an all inclusive hotel. Will check with dh where because I have pregnancy brain and cant remember. blush
our only problem was we like to go for walks especially after eating but no where really to go where our hotel was. Plus not really proper beach.
However we did walk along fromt one day (difficult with a pram) and found next hotel looked much better as they had created a beach IYKWIM and also had a path all the way round. Much better for a pram.

Carpediem2007 Sun 24-Aug-08 23:13:06

Have you looked at going to Crete?

sunnytimer Sun 24-Aug-08 23:17:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now