Talk

Advanced search

New Year...where do people go?

(7 Posts)
notsohappycherry Thu 14-Aug-08 15:29:19

Don't really like new year at home these days, pondering going away...not to pricey (!) but for us and 3 children. Or have I left it far too late already?

cheerycherry Thu 14-Aug-08 16:04:37

Name change as last one too gloomy.
Happy New Year anyone?

cheerycherry Thu 14-Aug-08 21:39:04

bump!

merryandmad Thu 14-Aug-08 21:49:49

My uncle took his two kids (11 & 3) to Alton Towers and stayed in one of the Alton towers hotels, they have dinner and a party, park entrance etc all included.
Could you/would you be interested in something similar?

finallypregnant Fri 15-Aug-08 09:49:21

Friends went to Centre Parcs last year and had a good time. We go to see family is Australia!

The canaries would have decent weather. Other than that, may be dubai or the Caribbean?

cheerycherry Sat 16-Aug-08 11:27:27

OOh oz would be lovely but not a chance- not enough time/money! Alton Towers sounds a bit different, I looked up their themed rooms recently and nearly fell over when they were £400 a night! And that didn't include park fees! Suppose if it was freezing/pouring down, it would be a bad idea though..!
Anyone else?

greenapples Sun 17-Aug-08 16:39:18

My husband and I would love to be able to go skiing for Christmas / New Year, but this year we will have a 10month old in tow...
Anybody got any ideas for places where we can go and do 'outdoorsy things' without having to leave junior in the creche on his own?
I quite like the thought of sun in the Canaries instead of skiing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now