Talk

Advanced search

holiday to bodrum turkey with 12 month old

(8 Posts)
becka1 Thu 14-Aug-08 12:26:01

I am going on holiday to bodrum next week with DH and 12 month old. Anyone know if you can buy follow on formula there or if cows milk there is ok(baby is on cows milk and ready made bottle of formula when we are out and about). Plus can you get pampers?!
My baby loves foods like Dairylea cheese and petit filous - also wondering if I'll be able to buy them/anything like them as obviously can't bring? Any tips/advice?

lubyluby Thu 14-Aug-08 12:29:58

haven;t been for a while (i emt my dh there 15 years ago!!! and have ben back since) but i would take most stuff with me as its quite hard to get and very expensive comapred to uk prices. the cowsmilk is fine you can buy strilised milk in the fridge so he'll be fine drinking that, it does taste slightly different but my ds coped fine with it, but nappies i would probably take enough myself and not rely on havign to go to a supermarket to find nappies half way through the holiday. you'll probably use less anyway as my children spend most of their time in swim nappies when away so get through hardly any disposables.
lots of suncream and take juice cups so he can drink plenty of water and juice as it gets so hot out there.

becka1 Thu 14-Aug-08 15:40:58

thanks lubyluby!

CoteDAzur Thu 14-Aug-08 15:51:46

You can get all kinds of milk there. There is formula - there is cow's milk, skimmed milk, growth milk, etc. Where will you be staying? If in a hotel, ask reception/management to write down translations for exactly what you need, so you can show them to people in supermarket.

There is Pampers in Turkey but it's called something else. I can't remember the brand, but you will probably recognize the picture/package.

I don't know what Dairylea cheese is, but there are many different types of flavoured yoghurts like Petit Filous.

CoteDAzur Thu 14-Aug-08 15:52:27

I think you will find that Turkey in general and Bodrum in particular has changed quite a lot in the last 15 years smile

becka1 Thu 14-Aug-08 16:19:31

I'm staying in a hotel. My baby is very fussy with milk type and foods e.g. won't eat cheese other than dairy lea and only certain (sugary!) yoghurts so I have been worrying a bit. I'm going to take lots of carton milk with me to make absolutely sure I have milk anyway, plus some weetabix which I think will be easy to pack and she is guaranteed to eat!

CoteDAzur Thu 14-Aug-08 16:28:43

I don't think you will have any problem finding Petits Filous or their equivalents. There will almost certainly not be any Weetabix in Bodrum.

We are going to Turkey next week, as well. To Cesme, only a few hours from Bodrum.

nicolasmum Thu 14-Aug-08 19:59:27

You can get Laughing Cow cheese triangles in Turkey and by the bus station is a Migros supermarket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now