Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for seeing Eurodisney Parade? Any other tips in general

(11 Posts)
DontNeedAnything Tue 12-Aug-08 18:48:21

how long before the parade should we get a spot?
Are there any preferential spots?

Any other tips? Which park is best for DDs 7 7 and 2 or is it worth seeing a bit of both

Are we allowed to the park if we go off site to eat it?

DontNeedAnything Tue 12-Aug-08 21:31:54

Anyone???

Califrau Tue 12-Aug-08 21:33:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Aimsmum Tue 12-Aug-08 21:36:08

Message withdrawn

DontNeedAnything Tue 12-Aug-08 21:43:53

I didn't think the studios had a parade.

we hope to be there for a day and a half. we were planning to do afternoon + evening parade on day one

Day 2 probablyl do all day but not wait for parade.

Is the night fireworks spectacular worth waiting up for.

We weren't planning to.

Theresa Tue 12-Aug-08 21:52:57

ha ent been for a few years, try www.disboards.com and scroll down to the 'DLP' bit for loads of good tips. the day time parade used to start near sleeping beauty's castle, there are rows of seats by the stage and they reserve the front few rows for children so your 7 yr olds could sit there and you could sit a few rows back, you could hopefully gt the first row for the adults (maybe three rows back) and sit with your 2 year old. the night time parade used to start from town square and come down main street the other way, a great place to watch is from the platform of the main street station. Things may have changed as its about 3 years since we've been. Theviewing pints i've suggested are equally good for both parades but bear in mind its quite slow so if you're watching a parade from the end where it finishes rather than where it starts add anything up to 20 mins onto the time you expect to see anything! We did stay up for the fireworks and they were fantastic, however it felt like a real 'marathon' effort waiting for them to start so the choice is yours! Hope you have a great time

Theresa Tue 12-Aug-08 21:54:08

apologies for all the typing errors, maybe i should read before i post!

Aimsmum Tue 12-Aug-08 21:54:20

Message withdrawn

DontNeedAnything Tue 12-Aug-08 21:59:56

Oh yes I have just seen that teh Studies parade seems to be High School Musical so we could give that a miss.

Hulababy Tue 12-Aug-08 22:08:30

DD would have loved to see a HSM parade, lol!

When are you going? IME if in the summer or TBh any school holiday the parades can be heaving, and you do need to get there early generally to get a good spot. We tend to find a good spot - up near the gates on the left hand side of the roundabout (if facing castle) is a good spot. We spend DH to gra drinks and food, take a seat on the kerb and wait.

Have tried turning up just beforehand and never managed to get a decent spot. DD is okay on DH's shoulders but I generally just can't see.

For rides best park for the girls would be the main Disneyland one. But the cinema and stage type shows in the studios are good two. I would recommend both parks if you can - but only if going for more than one day, otherwise just do the main park.

DD always loves the fireworks, so I would say yes, worth seeing.

mumto2andnomore Wed 13-Aug-08 08:36:11

My tip is to take lots of snacks with you-we took little packets of raisins, apricots, cereal bars, packet of biscuits etc. If the children get hungry between meals there is only really sweets and crisps etc to buy.

Some people sit down for the parade hours before-they are mad !We always got a spot, even at the last minute.

Use fastpass to save queueing, you put your ticket in the machine by the ride and it tells you what time to come back, you then join a MUCH shorter queue.Its only on a couple of rides and you can only do one at a time but well worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now