Talk

Advanced search

can the maxi cosi priori xp be fitted with just a lap belt??

(8 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 11-Aug-08 16:37:04

i have only just discovered that my mum's bf's van only has lap belts on the passenger side. mum and her bf have been taking ds out in his car seat using this but before they do it again i want to check it is safe or buy a new one.

LIZS Mon 11-Aug-08 16:39:40

don't think so

xxxEmzzyxxx Fri 15-Aug-08 21:47:37

No the Priori Xp cannot be fitted on lap belts!! the only seat i have found at the moment is the Britax Eclipse this is easily fitted too.

www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk/Eclipse-Si-Car-Seat/56pol1036p.asp

PortAndLemon Fri 15-Aug-08 21:56:29

No, it can't be safely used that way.

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 15-Aug-08 21:57:22

no that is the one we have and NO is the answer

naturalblonde Fri 15-Aug-08 22:10:00

No you can't but you can use this one

nappyaddict Sat 16-Aug-08 23:11:23

have now found out the van has one normal seat belt next to the door and the other seat has a lap belt. they were using the lap belt cos otherwise it's too difficult to get in and out. do you think i should get a new seat or just insist it goes on the door side?

xxxEmzzyxxx Tue 19-Aug-08 14:53:56

Hiya, It all depends on how much you are sure that they will do as you ask. If they know that it is dangerous to use it the way they are will it stop them doing it and mean they will make sure that it is put in with the rite seatbelts or otherwise you could buy a differnt one that fits on both seatbelt types then you have that extra peice of mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now