Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Flying to Canada at lunchtime with DS (4), who has runs and is throwing up. What do I do?

(8 Posts)
honkytonkwoman Mon 11-Aug-08 07:58:54

That's it, really. Have visions of hellish flight for us and those sat close to us. He feels poorly and is throwing up on a few sips of diluted drink, having eaten nothing today. Is he allowed to fly?

Any thoughts?

sad

honkytonkwoman Mon 11-Aug-08 08:26:29

Anyone?

frogs Mon 11-Aug-08 08:29:32

Airlines will transfer your flight IF you get a Dr's certificate.

You can't realistically fly with a 4yo who is still at the puking stage, never mind the runs.

honkytonkwoman Mon 11-Aug-08 09:12:51

Thanks, frogs. He's laying on the sofa shivering, and retching on tiny sips of water. sad

Air Canada have said he is not to fly. Dr's appointment booked for 11:15.

Thanks.

frogs Mon 11-Aug-08 09:42:48

Hope he feels better soon. Generally it's better just to accept the inevitable.

I've done 2-hour train journeys with a puking child (we were away from home and needed to get back) and was no fun at all.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Mon 11-Aug-08 09:49:57

ah what crappy timing I think that what frogs said is right though, they will allow you to transfer if you have a doctors note. Hope he feels much better quickly.

madm00se Tue 12-Aug-08 13:06:28

Any improvement? What have air canada said about transfer of flights?
Hope DS is better soon.
Whereabouts in Canada are you going-on hol?

honkytonkwoman Sun 17-Aug-08 00:41:57

DS is now better, thanks madm00se. Air Canada were great but, because I didn't book through them but through an agent, the flights are non-adjustable and wanting to modify them in any way essentially means cancelling them at full price and rebooking. I need to try to claim the cost of the cancellation through my travel insurer. In the meantime, I've bitten the bullet and rebooked the flights for this week - directly with Air Canada, with whom I can reschedule, should I need to.

Fingers crossed ...

Thanks for tips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now