Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lanzarote - Matagorda area

(5 Posts)
Jbck Sun 13-Feb-05 20:26:09

thinking of booking for this resort in June it seems to be a nicer quieter bit of Puerto Del Carmen. Has anyone been? I'm concerned the airport is so near the noise might be quite bad & with 2 toddlers wouldn't want to spend the fortnight explaining 300 times a day what the noise was.
Been to Playa Blanca before & it was nice but very quiet so looking for somewhere a luttle busier.
TIA

KathH Fri 25-Feb-05 13:54:50

we stayed in matagorda and it was lovely - you can get the bus or even walk to Puerto Del Carmen as its not too far away. there's still quite a few restuarants and bars in matagorda. yes the airports really near but to be honest we didnt particularly notice the noise and it was lovely only to have a 5 minute transfer. this was our favourite holiday and would definately go back. our kids who were 3 1/2, 6 and 9 at the time loved it as well.

Ellen23 Sat 26-Feb-05 12:44:04

Stayed in Tias just outside Puerto Del Carmen a lovely typical Lanzarote type village and yet only 5 minutes drive from the hustle & bustle of Puerto Del Carmen. A lovely island, would recommend you get a car you can see so much more of the island and its an easy road sysyem one mian one that goes all round the island so you cant really get lost. Enjoy!!!

Michaelangelo Sat 26-Feb-05 13:30:32

Matagorda is fine, and easy reach of Puerto del Carmen, I don't remember airplane noise being too dispruptive. You could also try Costa Teguise several restaurants and shops and some nice family hotels lot quiter than Puerto del carmen

bluestar Fri 04-Mar-05 19:18:28

I lived in Matagorda and you rarely hear the noise of the planes - in fact it's quite exciting for kids to see the planes as they come pretty close! Puerto del Carmen not too far and to be honest, beach is nicer at Matagorda and restaurants more child friendly than the beat of the bars and rowdy revellers in carmen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now