Talk

Advanced search

Packing tips for a two week holiday with small children

(8 Posts)
Pennies Sun 10-Aug-08 08:32:57

One main question really - when you go to a hotel for two weeks with small and rather messy children do you pack enough clothes to avoid doing any washing or do you get the hotel to launder it / handwash stuff when you're there?

FluffyMummy123 Sun 10-Aug-08 08:42:42

Message withdrawn

TheGirlWithGreenEyes Sun 10-Aug-08 08:54:18

Only self-catering for us too so no problem washing clothes - washing machine usually provided.

We stayed in a mobile home in France last year for a week and I didn't do "proper" washing - ds2 was toilet training so I had to wash out the odd thing by hand. We're going for two weeks this year and I hope to get away with only doing one load at the campsite's laundry

Pennies Sun 10-Aug-08 09:14:10

Hmm, well we're hotelling it so no laundry apart from the one you pay through the nose for.

fifisboys Sun 10-Aug-08 10:04:47

I'm going away for 2 weeks with a 2 year old and 8 month old and i'm taking about 7 days worth daytime stuff and about 9 nightime outfits each. I've got some handwash stuff and will just rub the things through and dry them on the balcony.

ladybouf Sun 10-Aug-08 14:57:18

I work on the basic principle that the size of their clothes is in direct proportion to the dirtiness they are going to incur. ie the littlest ones get the dirtiest and since the clothes don't take up much space, yes I take enough clothes for the whole trip.

MrsMattie Sun 10-Aug-08 14:58:14

On a 2 week holiday I'd pack enough for one week, bring travel wash and handwash it all while there.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sun 10-Aug-08 17:25:43

We took enough for the two weeks. Yes, probably excessive amount of t-shirts and shorts for two boys but sod doing hand-washing in a basin wink. Plus, I find if anything gets really grubby it never really comes clean anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now