Talk

Advanced search

Ryanair cancels bookings - who's calling who evil?

(16 Posts)
SNoraWotzThat Fri 08-Aug-08 18:33:11

Just read this, hope none of you are affected.

Ryanair cancels bookings by 'evil' agents Thursday, August 07, 2008

Quote: Tens of thousands of agents? customers face having their flights cancelled by Ryanair, which has vowed to ?cut out the evil? of screen-scraping retailers. Ryanair has warned that from Monday it will identify, cancel and refund all bookings made through websites that automatically lift flight details from its site. The no-frills carrier confirmed that from August 11, it will start cancelling all such bookings, including those already made, and will alert passengers by email. End quote.

But if the supplied email address on the booking is an agent?s and not the customer?s, Ryanair said it would be left to the agent to inform the passenger that their booking had been cancelled.

shock

If you have booked direct I guess you are OK. If you have booked through On The Beach Holidays, BravoFly or Atrapalo, I'd check to see if you still have a flight.

lulumama Fri 08-Aug-08 18:34:40

oh my god ! that is awful

thanks for posting this wotz.

we are not booked with ryanair, but all the same.. what a horrendous situation to be in

MarsLady Fri 08-Aug-08 18:35:14

<<snora... I found your carnival thread the other day envy>> Did you meet Marie? grin

SNoraWotzThat Fri 08-Aug-08 18:36:01

It's awful, we are not affected, but I wanted to post. Only just found it.

SNoraWotzThat Fri 08-Aug-08 18:37:06

grin no I am afraid I didn't Mars. i was too busy swimming and having happy hour at the other end! I was also very shy! Glad you found it. wink

SNoraWotzThat Fri 08-Aug-08 18:37:43

I have to get dinner out now before I burn it.

MarsLady Fri 08-Aug-08 18:37:49

lightweight! Next time put on your bold hat! grin

bran Fri 08-Aug-08 18:41:42

Not only that, but they will also only be refunding the price of the flight. A lot of these websites add a bit on for handling fee or credit card fee and that will not be refunded (or at least not by Ryanair). They are a shower of wnkrs, and I'm not at all surprised that their profits are down this year. If ever an airline deserved to go under this is the airline.

SNoraWotzThat Fri 08-Aug-08 19:48:58

I wonder how many will find out in time for them to be able to get another flight? You are right Bran the passenger will only get the fare, not any mark up or booking/card fees back.

IllegallyBrunette Fri 08-Aug-08 19:50:18

I am flying with Ryainair, but thank god I actually booked direct with them.

MmeLindt Fri 08-Aug-08 19:51:10

Sorry for being a bit dim, but why would you book a Ryanair flight through an agency?

SNoraWotzThat Fri 08-Aug-08 19:57:49

Because some holiday / travel websites show a search box with an option to click the flight plus a hotel and then you can make a booking (elements together as a DIY deal) and the customers, don't know who the flight's with until they get the paperwork.

For instance.

MmeLindt Fri 08-Aug-08 20:00:17

Ah, ok. I have only ever booked Ryanair direct.

snickersnack Fri 08-Aug-08 20:02:11

<Adds this to ever increasing list of reasons to hate Ryanair>

chipmonkey Fri 08-Aug-08 20:38:03

Oh, FFS, what's it to them who makes the booking!angry Next thing they'll make it impossible for me to book a flight for my mother!!!

SNoraWotzThat Sat 09-Aug-08 11:49:30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now