Talk

Advanced search

Who can tell me about the current restrictions re. liquids/food to take on a plane?

(6 Posts)
Tobermory Fri 08-Aug-08 11:10:23

Am about to start packign to go on hols, we set off very early in the morning. DH packed on Monday night, I dismissed that idea and now wishing i hadnt as have so much to do.

Can anyone tell me about the current rules for taking food/liquids on a plane? Are there different rules ofr hand/hold luggage or are they the same?

Help please!

BettySpaghetti Fri 08-Aug-08 11:14:10

Who are you flying with?

Check their website for the current restrictions.

We're flying soon and I checked the airlines website -there are restrictions for hand luggage (amounts of each liquid/cream/gel limited to 100ml IIRC, having to be carried in a clear bag etc) but no restrictions in hold luggage . Each airline probably varies too.

Not sure about food though

nervousal Fri 08-Aug-08 11:17:54

best to check with airline - when we flew last month restrictions were same as Betty points out. No restrictions on food - just liquids. (only food restricitons would be the usual re waht you are allowed to bring into another country) - no restrictions on hold luggage.

Tobermory Fri 08-Aug-08 11:26:11

We are flyign with Jet2, yes a sensible idea to check their website

so, to clarify, it's been a while since ive flown and Im stressed enough about first holiday with DD as it is!

Any liquids in the hold, ie. shampoo, moisturiser, etc, are all OK.
The small amounts of liquids in your hand luggage have to be in a plastic bag and carried separate.

Baby milk is ok but htey will have to taste it. Was plannign on takign DD's morning bottle wiht us to drink before take off/in the air. Was also going to take a carton of forumla just in case, if its sealed will they want it to be opened and tasted.

Tobermory Fri 08-Aug-08 15:10:41

OMG.
Well I've packed, but either the suitcase is too small or there is far too much stuff in it.
I know I'll come back with stuff unworn but its so hard to know what not to take!
Any tips?

BettySpaghetti Fri 08-Aug-08 17:28:31

Apparently (I say apparently because I've never yet managed it) you should pack and then take out half of the stuff you've packed as you won't wear/need it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now