Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you ever worry your kids will be noisy for other guests when staying in a hotel?

(4 Posts)
fredtbad Sat 12-Feb-05 16:30:29

Just wondered if it's ever bothered any guests staying where children are noisy. Mine will be themselves wherever they go, but we have only been complained at once.

Lonelymum Sat 12-Feb-05 17:10:49

It is not exactly a common problem for us as we rarely use hotels with the children, but when we have done, I recall being disturbed by fellow guests at 2 am so if my children disturbed them at a more reasonable hour, I am not going to worry about it.

oxocube Sat 12-Feb-05 18:51:43

Would depend on time and circumstances. I cannot tolerate my kids screaming and shouting after a certain time (usually about 9ish in the evening) as I need to unwind in peace and quiet and with several glasses of wine )but I know that in a different environment to home, my kids are really excitable and hard to settle. If they were just making a little noise, personally I wouldn't mind but if they were, for example, racing around a bar or restaurant at 10.30, I would be a bit annoyed at this interruption of my 'grown up time'

oxocube Sat 12-Feb-05 18:54:30

Just remembered my last ferry crossing to mum and dad's in Newcastle where I was kept awake by revellers until about 2 am then woken up by kids in the next door cabin screaming and playing very loudly at 5 am! Hardly relaxing but what I've come to expect on these journeys and at least I can hand my kids over to my parents once we arrive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now