Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs - Best bookable treats and fun things please?

(25 Posts)
MistressMary Sat 12-Feb-05 12:04:07

What's the best beauty treatments and other things to consider to book at Center Parcs.
Been before but want your views please?
We need pampering.

foxinsocks Sat 12-Feb-05 12:26:23

my personal fave is the general spa thing (you've probably done it) - I love the Turkish steam baths etc.

dh's fave was the head, neck and shoulders massage. Apparently, his neck felt brilliant for months afterwards - he always has problems with his shoulders and he said it felt like it had completely loosened them.

The kids fave club was the one with the party theme followed closely by the one where they make bags/t-shirts.

Something else we booked which was great (but don't know if you necessarily have to pre-book) was the Indian meal at Rajinda Pradesh (but don't eat lunch, the portions were huge!).

MistressMary Sat 12-Feb-05 15:53:38

Actuallly didnt get the chance for the general spa, but definately will go for that one, sounds brill and not going to miss out again.

And His lordship can look after DS for that time, can't he?

MistressMary Sun 13-Feb-05 09:55:07

Anyone else with top treats to book?

MistressMary Sun 13-Feb-05 19:37:54

Nope, not at all....?

morningpaper Sun 13-Feb-05 19:54:04

Which one are you going to?

MistressMary Sun 13-Feb-05 20:21:05

oops longleat.

Does it make a difference then?
I thought they were standard in all of them.

morningpaper Sun 13-Feb-05 20:22:42

Nah they all different.

BUT Longleat is good as they have a nice spa area - although it is all hideously overpriced.

However an afternoon in the spa area is nice, but break it up by ordering a massage or something to happen during the time you are there. Scalp massage is nice. Or any of the shoulder/neck/back or body massages.

Prufrock Mon 14-Feb-05 11:45:42

General spa - and I wouldn't waste money on a treatment during your 3 hours - take the papers instead. I would take your dh as well - book a babysitter for your ds
Then you must have one of the dry flotation experiences. It's a rap treatment, but you then get put into a dry float tank - it's like being wrapped up in a water bed and is the most wonderful, relaxing experience.

Merlin Mon 14-Feb-05 12:09:10

DH and I had the mud experience thingy at Longleat (can't remember it's proper name!). It was lovely - you are shown to a small, tiled steamroom (sort of Turkish looking), and given 2 bowls of mud - one for the body, one for the face, left to strip off and cover yourselves in it (the fun bit!!). Then the steam is switched on and you just sit there for while letting the mud do its stuff. Then the showers come on and you wash it all off, leaving your skin lovely and soft. It wasn't particularly cheap but well worth it!!!

MistressMary Mon 14-Feb-05 13:49:38

I saw those flotation things and ummed and arred over them, I had the exotic lime and ginger wrap last time which was ok ,skin felt lovely after too.
I got the reflexology and head massage marked and the spa session too, this time.

grumpyfrumpy Mon 14-Feb-05 14:06:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Prufrock Mon 14-Feb-05 14:13:48

The float tank will be the most relxing thing you have done. Honestly, after 5 minutes in it you just go to sleep - and proper, drooling sleep

MistressMary Mon 14-Feb-05 15:02:59

Which wrap did you have?
They all look so lush?

Prufrock Mon 14-Feb-05 15:13:37

I think I had the mud

foxinsocks Mon 14-Feb-05 16:58:52

mistress, they had a special at longleat when I went - a time out club session (3 hours) with a spa session at the same time (so you and dh can go together!) for a special price. If they still do it, it will be in that pre-booking pack.

I loved the general spa - you can go into any of the special rooms - turkish steam baths, sauna, relaxation rooms, foot jacuzzi etc. I really felt completely relaxed when I came out.

noddyholder Mon 14-Feb-05 17:08:30

the general spa is great Dp and i had 2hrs together in there and then he picked ds up from climbing and I had a further hour on my own Lovely steamy atmosphere and warm bubbly outdoor pool It was about 50 pounds for 2 of us

babster Mon 14-Feb-05 17:24:18

We did the same as Merlin - Serail mud therapy - good fun and the steam smelled wonderful.

Steppy1 Mon 14-Feb-05 20:04:11

..we did the same as you foxinsocks, booked the littlees into the creche (3 hrs) then pamered ourself in the Spa...absolute bliss (though it was 18 months ago now) We also booked a babyssitter for the Saturday evening and though, just before they arrived I convinced myself that they were "probably mass murderers and would steal my babies away, what sort of mother am I wanting some time to myself with my hubbie" they were fantastic ! We booked the sitter from 6.30 - 9.30pm (hardly a night on the tiles !!) went bowling, had a few glasses of wine then returned to find our little ones snuggled up in bed and fast asleep..they also both slept peacefully through the night and it was absolute bliss. Have a great time

MistressMary Mon 14-Feb-05 21:43:52

Ooh I'm getting all excited about this holiday, really getting hyped up for the pampering.Thanks all for your input.

Twiglett Tue 15-Feb-05 10:28:04

I have been watching this thread as I'm going to Elveden Forest soon

myermay Tue 15-Feb-05 10:40:38

Message withdrawn

Metrobaby Tue 15-Feb-05 12:06:39

I loved the swedish all over body massage. I also booked DH in for a men's facial and body massage and despite being reluctant to go at first, he enjoyed it. I also second Prufrock's recommendation of booking babysitting/creche for the children whilst you relax in the spa

WeirdCod Mon 06-Oct-08 18:28:06

Message withdrawn

DoubleBluff Mon 06-Oct-08 18:33:55

I would second the spa, it is lovely at Longleat, they have a great 'chill out ' room which is all white and warm and snuggly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now