Talk

Advanced search

Travel Vaccinations for South Africa

(4 Posts)
marcelthemonkey Wed 06-Aug-08 10:44:29

I am travelling to South Africa in December and wondered if any one knew if there are vaccinations i need to have before i go.

Lilymaid Wed 06-Aug-08 10:53:11

It depends where you are going. DS2 has just returned from a World Challenge trip there and had a variety of vaccinations plus malaria tabs - but he was in Lesotho and KwaZulu Natal and trekking in the Drakensburg. If you are only going to Cape Town, you would need far fewer - if any. You should check with your GP for the current advice.

marcelthemonkey Thu 07-Aug-08 23:38:51

Sounds interesting - did he have a good time? It is Cape Town i am going to. Thanks i'll ring the GP Thanks for your reply

prettybird Thu 07-Aug-08 23:57:35

If it is just Cape Town you are going to you really shouldn't need anything. Unless you are planning to go to out of the way places and drink suspect water, in which case you might want to consider typhoid and/or cholera.

But essentially "tourist" Cape Town is regular "developed" world insfrastructure: safe water etc and you are far away from malarial areas.

Enjoy What are you going to be doing there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now