Talk

Advanced search

air india flights

(9 Posts)
MUSA Fri 11-Feb-05 17:45:09

Has anybody ever travelled on air india, im asking because i was wondering if the airline would let me take a travel baby bouncer on board.

My ds is 17 months and is way to big for the skycot's.

Chandra Fri 11-Feb-05 17:56:53

I have, no idea about the baby bouncer though. Have you checked their website?

MUSA Fri 11-Feb-05 18:08:39

I did check their website, could'nt see anythng related to that, i thought maybe if i got the wing seat where ther are no seats in front maybe i could put it there.

fuzzywuzzy Fri 11-Feb-05 18:13:07

Ring the airline and ask, you might have problems with a bouncer during mealtimes, and also you'll need to stow it away during take off and landing, ds might just be happier playing on the floor (would taking a blanket or using the one they give out be of any help?). They usually have a weight allowance for sky cots ask them what there's is your ds might actually fit into one. Have a nice holiday.

MUSA Fri 11-Feb-05 18:18:28

fuzzywuzzy my ds is 17 months old, he is so tall for his age, i took him on a long haul flight when he was 5 months old, he just about fitted in the skycot then. Maybe i will ring the air line.

Or take a thick blanket like you said. thanks for that.

august24 Fri 11-Feb-05 18:35:50

Is it a flight from the UK or from some place else? We flew emrites to Dubai and then Air India from Dubai to Bangalore, and honestly, I don't think they would care. We had seats in the middle of the plane, and there was a whole row missing in front of us! And none of the upolstery matched on the seats, and many of the seat belts were broken, I had to switch with my daughter because her seat belt was broken. It wasn't the first time I flew Air India, but they are without a doubt the worst airline I have ever flown. The cabin crew avoids the passangers as much as possible, so I would imagine you could bring it! However, I know they save their best crew and airlplanes for the UK and the USA flights, so if it is from the UK, call them.

MUSA Fri 11-Feb-05 18:53:57

August24, can't believe you said the same as my sil, who also travelled on air india. she also said its the worst airline. The also reason im travelling on that airline is because it gets me to my parents house in 7 and a half hour's.

If i go on ba it will be about 9 hours, and then another plane. Its to much when you have a baby.

yes im traveling from the uk to india. My sil also said that do can do anything on that airline.

Thanks for the information.

Chandra Fri 11-Feb-05 19:22:00

I didn't want to say it earlier but...yep! seatbelts were missing!

Chandra Fri 11-Feb-05 19:23:00

though it was fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now