Talk

Advanced search

Will be 30 weeks with nearly 2 year old when we go to Italy. Is it too much for all of us?

(5 Posts)
EBenes Tue 05-Aug-08 10:54:50

My mum and dad will be with us, so I'll have lots of help, but last time around I had SPD and probably won't be very mobile. 3 hour flight, car journeys to airports and villa, impatient little dd, and second pregnancy, is this all a recipe for a scary time? Or is it normal and good to get a holiday while I still can?

elmoandella Tue 05-Aug-08 22:17:36

i flew at 28 weeks (airline needed a doctors note)

must admit. the flight out was bearable. but the flight back in i was in a bad way. felt awful. sitting in one spot. baby in awkward position. and for the first and last half hour i couldn't take seat belt off remember. so was stuck there. feeling like i was gonna pass out.

and squeezing in those daft tiny toilets with your bump is not easy.

i wouldn't advise at all!!!

EBenes Wed 06-Aug-08 10:30:22

Oh dear! I have flown longhaul before at 28 weeks (not 30) and was okay but I was very tiny last time around and am definitely not this time - but it's a shorter flight. Still, maybe I should rethink and arrange something closer to home.

elmoandella Wed 06-Aug-08 13:10:24

if nothings booked there's not much point chancing it. be aswell going for something with a flight time of under 2 hours. say france or ireland or spain. italy is almost 4 hours one of the ways.

or just organise something in uk.

save the hassle of waiting in airport.

imagine being heavily pregnant with a ratty toddler and your plane delayed.

plus. you gotta be 100% to get doctors note for some airlines. when i went with ryanair. they insisted i get one. and it must have absolutely no complivations.any sort of bp problems or chance of early labour were a strict no no

EBenes Wed 06-Aug-08 16:56:18

Thanks for the advice! Nothing's booked but it was very well planned, if you know what I mean. The last time I flew pregnant, a 10 hour flight, no one even glanced at me, let alone wanted a note, so I'd better check up this time if we do fly. But I'm sitting here typing this in the heaviest rain of the summer, and wondering if I can stand an English holiday at the end of September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now