Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in Paris with children?

(7 Posts)
jennifersofia Sat 02-Aug-08 22:42:14

We have 7yr, 5 yr, and 3mth dd's - any suggestions of what we shouldn't miss?

Portofino Sat 02-Aug-08 23:00:19

Boat trip on the Seine. My 4 yo loved the Eiffel Tower and particularly the carousel at the bottom of it. The fountains at the Louvre. Jardin du Luxmbourg is a must. Excellent playground, pony rides, puppet show, carousel. Cite des Sciences is recommended but have never been...

saggyhairyarse Sun 03-Aug-08 08:55:48

I think there is a Playmobile parc/world near Paris if that is your thing, actually found a link:

http://www.france4families.com/Paris/RegionsParisAttractionsPlaymobil.htm

dustyteddy Sun 03-Aug-08 09:08:58

agree with the louvre, fab!

roisin Sun 03-Aug-08 09:48:19

Oooh lovely ages for Paris. We took the boys when they were 5 and 7.

I agree: Jardin du Luxembourg is fab.
Eating crepes in the street is wonderful.

Rather than a boat trip on the Seine, we were recommended to go on the Canal St Martin. It goes through a tunnel underneath the Place de la Bastille, and up through a series of huge double locks, which are very exciting for the children to watch. It's much more fun that the Seine.

Be warned: We saved the Eiffel Tower until last as a "special treat if you're very good". When we got there ds2 took one look at it and said "I'm not going up there!" and didn't grin

What else? They really liked the Arc de Triomphe and the fabulous views from the top. They also loved the Musee d'Orsay.

Yummymum1 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:49:50

Science museum is great,we went last yr with dss 6 and 4 and they loved it.
We also hired bikes and had a great day in the Bois de Bologne a lovely green space with lakes and play areas.
Natural history museum is fab too.
Agree with roisin re the seine trip,we did it but boys not that interested.

jennifersofia Sun 03-Aug-08 20:49:00

Great - thanks for that. We are off tomorrow...
now just have to pack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now