Talk

Advanced search

Another Florida question...

(6 Posts)
Clayhead Thu 10-Feb-05 14:07:13

Has anyone ever stayed at either Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness Cabins in Disney Florida? Or heard anything about them?

Thanks

KateandtheGirls Thu 10-Feb-05 14:19:35

We stayed at Port Orleans, and it was very nice. Never stayed in the cabins.

The thing with the Disney resorts, IME, is that the rooms themselves are all very similar whether you're in a value, standard or expensive one. It's the other facilities and location of the hotel that are different between them.

So at Port Orleans there is no fancy restaurant (at least I don't recall there being one), but there is a basic counter service place. And the pools are very nice, but not spectacular. You would need to get one of the Disney buses to the parks. (That is only a drawback if you have a pushchair that needs to be folded up, as opposed to a resort which has direct monorail or ferry service.)

I haven't stayed in the cabins, as I said, but we did stay at the Fort Wilderness hotel which was very nice.

It depends what you're looking for really, and what your budget is, but all the Disney hotels will be clean and comfortable.

Clayhead Thu 10-Feb-05 19:18:55

Thanks Kate

sammac Thu 10-Feb-05 19:36:22

Look here for some reviews of all the hotels. This is an unofficial Disney site, which is fullof helpful ideas and you can subscribe to their newsletter.

Haven't stayed at your hotels, have been in Key West Resort and Grand Floridian, both super. Enjoy wherever you decide.

Clayhead Thu 10-Feb-05 20:14:53

Thanks, great link!

Steppy1 Thu 10-Feb-05 22:48:33

...if your interested in somewhere on the Gulf Coast of Florida after your Disney visit I've just popped details of our villa under the Ads section

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now