Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me with my DisneyLand Paris Tickets. Do I want 1 day or 2; 1 park or 2????

(18 Posts)
DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 20:34:59

Here's the lowdown.

We shall be in "Paris" for 1 and a half days (we would arrive in Paris early afternoon and then have all day the following day).

The options are (priced for the whole family)
1 day/1park £126
1 day/2park £154 or £132 if we book before travel but would then not have the flexibility of adding the 2nd day if we arrive in Paris earlier than anticipated(would we have time to do both parks?)
2 day/2park 278; hang on this is more expensive that 2 lots of 1 day/2 park...

So will we get value out of half a day, cos I guess we need to decide do we do 1 day or 2 days?

Skribble Thu 31-Jul-08 20:35:39

What age are the kids?

DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 20:37:38

2, 7 & 7

Skribble Thu 31-Jul-08 20:49:07

TBH the one park ticket will be enough, the new park (can't remember the name) is more suited to older ones. Your 7 yr olds woulf probably enjoy it but plenty to fill one day in the main park.

I went to the new park as we had been to the original bit before DD who was about 5 then was fed up after about an hour, only a few rides she could go on and non of the atmosphere of the main bit. So we went out and paid extra to go inthe other bit.

If you are travelling out by train this takes a while and would be a bit of a rush for the after noon. You could spend the after noon here www.cite-sciences.fr/english/indexFLASH.htm the kids bit is great www.cite-sciences.fr/english/ala_cite/expo/cite_enf/index.htm

PrimulaVeris Thu 31-Jul-08 20:51:16

I'd just go for one (totally full) day in main park - all the best stuff is there and you probably won't have time to do all that. Went to the new park last time and wasn't overwhelmed, really.

LIZS Thu 31-Jul-08 20:58:21

We're probably doing the 2day/2park as we're staying for 4 nights at Marne le Vallee and plan one day in Paris but still looking for a good deal on tickets. Anyone know if there is any likelihood of the parks being declared "full" ?

DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 20:58:59

Thanks for that. If we only do 1 day we would e looking to do something in teh area on teh first afternoon. I had heard that there was a aquarium(or was it a ball pool place) at the big nearby shopping centre (Val d'europe?)

I guess the only thing that I was thinking that we could get out of the 1st day is the evening parade.

Having seen the prices I may book the 2 park ticket for our second day at £132, for the sake of an extra £6 we might as well have the option on both parks (we had been told that the Disney studios was a better place fo the meet and greet). We can evaluate the value of the frst day depending what time we arrive. I have just noticed the parks don't open until 10am anyway so if we can get in straight after an early lunch we will only miss a couple of hours.

Skribble Thu 31-Jul-08 21:00:44

There is an aquarium at that shopping centre. Handy if you are staying out that direction anyway.

DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 21:03:03

LIZS check out what I said above. If you want to commit to tickets online (looks like you don't have to be 100% on dates, the tickets are valid for 30 days) it is cheeper to do 1 day / 2park tickets for both days seperately. That is direct from the DLP website. I am currently looking for a better deal (If there is one).

<It is £264 for 2adults and 2 children for 2 lots of 1 day tickets. BUT £278 if you buy 1 2day ticket>

DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 21:07:34

Yes I think we are half way between DLP and the shopping centre

DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 21:09:13

Yes would be interested to know how likely teh Parks are to be full before I comit to tickets before arrival....

21/22Aug we will be there.

DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 21:11:14

Bugger - just realised the aquarium is a "sea Life" centre...I can bloody do that in teh UK...

DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 21:40:50

Does anyone know if you can still get tickets at teh Disney store?

LIZS Fri 01-Aug-08 06:37:49

We're a week later ! hmm Best I had found so far was 2 day/2 park hopper ticket @ £75 adults/£64 child or 108e/92e which is your £278 so will check the other one but last time we dd enjoy half a day or so in the Studios - ds was 5 and dd 2 then. Great car stunt show, Parade , Flying Carpets and it was much less busy to see Mickey. They've added stuff since too I think.

kiwibella Fri 01-Aug-08 15:22:28

we've been twice... and bought tickets on the gates both times. I really enjoyed the animation studios... but if you've only got the time just spend your time at the main park.

DontNeedAnything Fri 01-Aug-08 22:02:19

Yes deffo check my 15% off offer. I rang a few estate agents, googled like mad and then relised it was the cheapest option.

I have desperately been trying to get hold of some today. and Failed.

You have to either
1. Book online at the DLP website (with a £1.50 per ticket postage cost). Which is fine but the website says to leave "at least 10 days before travel". we actually depart for France in 12 days so I wasn't comfortable with that as I felt it was cutting it fine.

2. You can also get them in Disney stores (where they told me that that was the best deal). I rang around today but none of my local stores have any instock (I could get 2 adult tickets). One store offered to order them for me but they would take up to 14 days...again no good to me.

So LIZS I suggest you snap up the deal now while you have time to get them sorted.

Here is the direct link to the discounted tickets in case you havn't already found it.

LIZS Wed 13-Aug-08 16:14:35

aargh think I've left it too late now - did you find any other offers ?

LIZS Sat 23-Aug-08 18:18:20

Just looking again in preparation and realised you can print the offers off at home as e-tickets. We've decided to go for only one day/2 parks in the end, dc's currently want to spend the other 2 exploring Paris ! Anyone know if there is such a thing as a half day ticket locally , in case we decide to revisit ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now