Talk

Advanced search

Holiday for one?

(2 Posts)
unavailable Thu 31-Jul-08 15:47:45

I think I am having a mid life crisis/shirley valentine moment.... I am 44 and my only ds is 18 and no longer does family holidays. My dp and I are not getting on too well and i think spending some time apart could be good for both of us. The idea of going away on my own is quite appealing but also a little scary. Does anyone have any suggetions for a destination that would suit a woman of a certain age travelling alone in September? I dont have much of a budget, but am quite keen on culture/ history/ architecture and sun. I am not a seasoned traveller, and not very fit or adventurous, so no treking up the Andes or white water rafting please. I guess the thing that worries me that I may spend every night alone in my hotel room with a room service sandwich and glass of rioja because i am too self-conscious to eat alone in a restaurant.
Are there any holiday destinations to suit me and my neuroses. All suggestions gratefully considered.

lilyloo Thu 31-Jul-08 15:53:50

What about doing one of the 'singles' package typr hols ?
Mu dad has done a few of them for the reason you aren't sat on your own every evening. He has found them good and kept in touch with a few people.
He is going to Greece soon. He also been to dominican republic and on a gulet in Turkey.
He says you can do pretty much your own thing if you want which he does in the day then meets up for a meal in the evening.
There is usually a group that 'clicks' and stays together so guess you find some like minded people in the group.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now