Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know Ely?

(7 Posts)
FrayedKnot Wed 30-Jul-08 20:57:39

I would like somewhere to stop off for lunch in or around Ely on Friday.

Can anyone recommend anywhere? Either country pub or somehwere in the town - child friendly and decent food?

bythepowerofgreyskul Wed 30-Jul-08 21:00:55

Old fire engine house is great for evening meal.. will go hunting and find out if it is open daytime
Back soon

bythepowerofgreyskul Wed 30-Jul-08 21:03:37

oldfireenginehouse
Can't see if they do lunch. Definately child friendly

morethanyoubargainfor Wed 30-Jul-08 21:09:34

The Cutter is lovely, and if its nice day you can seat and eat by the river. Very child friendly to, my Ds loves scampi they only do adult portions, but always agree to do a small portion for him. Not to pricey either.

morethanyoubargainfor Wed 30-Jul-08 21:11:00

Forgot to say, it depends on what sort of place you are looking for. There is also The maltings a bit further up river, or in town there are lots of new Chain type pubs opened up in the last few years.

FrayedKnot Wed 30-Jul-08 21:35:34

Morethan I just found the Cutter on the tourism website..we may only be after a sandwich or salad but I'd like it to be a nice one, and have a walk along the river / up to the cathedral - it looks good.

Old Fire Engine House looks lovely, too, BTPOGS

And it is open for lunch!

Will see what teh weather is like - if hot will head for the river.

Is parking easy to find?

Lilymaid Wed 30-Jul-08 21:38:52

If you are interested in a top notch tea shop you should go to Peacocks on the Quay. The food is as good as it looks and there is an enormous choice of teas - and other drinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now