Talk

Advanced search

OK, booked with Thompson Al Fesco and are staying in a mobile home/chalet place. What must I take?

(16 Posts)
Notyummy Tue 29-Jul-08 13:10:58

Going first week of Sept to Italy and really looking forward to it. Me, DH and dd (2). We are flying so don't have limitless baggage space. Have booked sheets etc with travel company, but what, oh wise mumsnetters, else do I need? Obviously I know about clothes/toys/nappies....but do I need a swimming cat for Italian campsites? And what sort of things do they not supply in the mobile home that we will need and wont want to spend a fortune on in the campsite shop?

Any top tips gratefully received.

Notyummy Tue 29-Jul-08 13:58:43

bump

Notyummy Tue 29-Jul-08 19:30:23

oh please...you can't be all on holiday??!!

Notyummy Tue 29-Jul-08 21:06:01

bump

girasole Wed 30-Jul-08 13:23:15

Hi Notyummy, MN is very quiet these days isn't it? Must be the good weather.
We do this kind of holiday every year and have been to Italy a few times - you will love it. Off the top of my head I would say that you should remember to bring tea towels and dishbrush/dishcloth, an old towel for the floor outside the shower and a pizza cutter. I always forget the pizza cutter and end up buying one there. A corkscrew is also a good idea, although the accommodation is meant to have one but sometimes it's missing.
Most Italian campsites do have a rule about swimming caps but it is not always enforced. I'd bring some anyway just in case.
Which campsite are you going to?

girasole Wed 30-Jul-08 13:30:44

This thread has loads of tips too.

Notyummy Wed 30-Jul-08 14:37:02

Thanks Girasole. We are going to www.campinglepianacce.it/eng/campsite-tuscany-accommodation-sea-holiday-maremma.html

which I understand is quite small, although walking distance from a local town, which is a plus. We wanted to be able to cycle as well...so that is a bonus!

bythepowerofgreyskul Wed 30-Jul-08 14:38:26

Sorry But I am loving the idea of your personal "swimming Cat" grin
Would they be like a lifeguard swimming along side you?

Notyummy Wed 30-Jul-08 14:40:21

grin doh!

I imagine the swimming cats would probably be really pissed off!!

bythepowerofgreyskul Wed 30-Jul-08 14:45:16

not if they were like the tigers in india.. iirc they love swimming smile

girasole Wed 30-Jul-08 23:00:04

Looks fab Notyummy. I'm envy, we have already had our holiday this year. Wish I was going again, I love Italy!

themoon66 Wed 30-Jul-08 23:04:23

Gosh... we used to do the mobile home in northern spain thing when DCs were smaller. We used to fill a whole estate car with crap essentials. I cannot imagine trying to get it all onto a plane blush

themoon66 Wed 30-Jul-08 23:09:11

ok... from memories past.....

sleeping bags (thin cheap ones)
corkscrew
bamboo skewers for bbq
MATCHES - vital coz I, for one, could never seem to find them in european supermarkets.
pegs and a cheap washing line
savlon cream
plasters
calpol and loads of it
rehydration sachets etc
swimming hats for Italy definitely
familiar bedtime cuddly toys etc
aloe vera after sun
sun cream.. always seemed expensive at campsite shop

blueskythinker Wed 30-Jul-08 23:12:37

I have just got back,

I was told by a fried to bring the following, all of which were really useful:

Some bin bags
J cloths
small bar of hand soap
Pronto Risotto
None of these take up too much room.

Pronto Risotto was my best tip - natural ingredients, only need water to make - ideal for when shops are shut, can't find them etc, when you arrive and you have tired, fractious mouths to feed

blueskythinker Wed 30-Jul-08 23:16:20

Anthesan
waspese
kitchen sponge
tea towel
mini bottle of fairy
mini antibac spray

Notyummy Thu 31-Jul-08 08:16:56

Thanks all!

<ny scurries off to buy expandable suitcase and throws out all DHs clothes to ensure weight allowance is adhered to.....>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now