Talk

Advanced search

airport taxi's in lanzarote ?

(7 Posts)
LargeGlassofRed Mon 28-Jul-08 22:07:15

going for a week in august there are 6 of us going to playa blanca looked on line seams really expensive. Any tips would be great.

tiggerlovestobounce Mon 28-Jul-08 22:12:02

We just got in a taxi at the airport. Had looked at the online stuff in advance, but it did seem very expensive, and getting in a taxi at the airport worked out much cheaper. There were plenty of taxis about.

LargeGlassofRed Mon 28-Jul-08 22:16:59

thank-you tigger, did they have many people carriers or just cars?

tiggerlovestobounce Mon 28-Jul-08 22:20:56

I dont remember, sorry. We were able to fit in a normal car, so I dont know if there were people carriers. I cant remember how much it cost, but I do remember being amazed at how much cheaper it was than the prices quoted on line (It was 3 years ago now, but I think the online prices were in the region of 3-4X more expensive than the taxi fares, though I dont know what things are like now).
It all seemed preety above board and standardised, wasnt worried about being ripped off.

LargeGlassofRed Mon 28-Jul-08 22:27:19

thats great thanks will leave it till I get to the airport then.

(Which will panic the hell out of my mum) grin

babyjojo Thu 31-Jul-08 16:25:14

Hi we have just got back from Playa Blanca, there were 5 of us (4 adults & my 2 yr old son). The taxis are strictly licensed to only carry 4 people (even the people carriers wouldn't take 5 of us!) so we had to get 2 taxis each time. There were plenty at the airport it cost 35 euros (each cab that is!). Had a fab time tho!

LargeGlassofRed Thu 31-Jul-08 21:26:22

ooh thanks babyjojo, I cant wait getting very excited now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now