Talk

Advanced search

Car seats: 2.10yr old outgrowing car seat - next stage up isn't 3-point fixed belt. Not sure if ordinary seat belt fixing will be sufficient??

(4 Posts)
SwissCheese Sun 27-Jul-08 21:39:10

Hello! DS will be 3 in a couple of months and is growing so rapidly in the last few weeks that the poor little mite is now banging his head everytime he gets in and out of the car seat. Obviously this isn't ideal so I've been searching for a replacement. Most of the next stage seats are for 4-11yrs and hence do not have a 3 point harness and rely on the seatbelt attachment. I'm not entirely convinced that DS would be entirely reliable YET to trust in the back seat with a quick release system. Any ideas about a seat that could do the trick or has anyone else had to move to the next stage and found it was ok?

moshie Sun 27-Jul-08 21:46:32

I bought a britax elite as it has straps suitable for up to 25kgs, approx age 6 so is idel for tall children. Most seat straps only go up to 18kgs. It's like a booster but has a 5 point harness.

Piffle Sun 27-Jul-08 21:53:17

we have two storchenmuhle 9mths-11yrs for our two
16mths and 5.5yrs

SwissCheese Mon 28-Jul-08 20:47:44

Piffle - which outlet sells them? I've done a search on the internet and it is mainly sold abroad. Any UK?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now