Talk

Advanced search

Arrrghhh, packing, rubbish allowance on Ryanair... am I overpacking?

(7 Posts)
Ewe Fri 25-Jul-08 23:07:04

10 x babygro's
10 x vests
10 x outfits
1 x towel
1 x sleeping bag
4 x cardigans
1 x coat
10 x muslins
4 x dummies (your mission remember is to get some NUK dummies!)
2 x blankets
7 x bottles
sterilising tablets
shade a babe
sun tan lotion
insect repellant
anthisan
calpol
calprofen
teething powder
selection of toys
nappies
sudocream
gaviscon
aptamil - big powder and cartons for journey

10 days in France, DD is 4months with reflux so is sick/gets through a fair amount of clothes. What have I missed? What can I ditch?

Leslaki Fri 25-Jul-08 23:08:52

bbygros, vsts , outfits etc - you can rinse them thru and if it's hot - just a nappy will do!

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 25-Jul-08 23:13:32

You can buy nappies in France y'know.
And ditch all the babygros and vests and most of the outfits. If its hot you wont' need vests and babygros or most of the cardigans - and she will prob wear the same few cute outfits all the time. Muslins? Just take a few and wash them. Does your accomodation not supply blankets, you won' tneed those AND a sleeping bag. Cut down the selection of toys.
When we took ds1 to Spain for 8 days the three of us - dp, me and ds1 had combined luggage of under the allowance for one person.

monkeyme Fri 25-Jul-08 23:25:16

with ryanair, you can carry on one piece of hand luggage per adult as well as your checked on baggage.(10kg max I think)You could easily get everything you have listed into a rucksack if you roll it up tight. Don't forget that you need to decant your sudocreme into a small tub to take as hand luggage (the one from the bounty pack is ideal)

Ewe Sat 26-Jul-08 11:55:05

I never got a bounty pack. Am only packing nappies for the journey and have halved number of clothes I am taking for her, can just wash. Am impressed at packing for 3 less than 15kg!

It's the milk cartons that are heavy and I don't know if it's readily available in France.

wheresthehamster Sat 26-Jul-08 12:00:35

Coat???

Cardigans????

I thought babygros WERE outfits

Sorry Ewe, I was exactly the same once grin

monkeyme Sun 27-Jul-08 19:39:57

Can't you use powdered milk for the duration of the holiday to lighten your load a bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now