Talk

Advanced search

Mark Warner Corsica - do I need to take baby formula nappies etc?

(13 Posts)
katiebatey Fri 25-Jul-08 19:50:26

last time we travelled with little un I had to unpack the 14 jars of babyfood I had brought at airport blush case was too heavy by a LONG way

and dh nearly had a cardiac arrest getting the case in the car

keen to not over pack this time so anyone got any tips? never been on a mark warner holiday before

MsHighwater Fri 25-Jul-08 19:52:51

Definitely need to take baby. wink

Seriously, I haven't been to a Mark Warner resort but in general, I'd take a few nappies - enough for the first 3-4 days and then buy some more when you get there.

I can't really answer about formula because my dd was 15mo before we went abroad with her.

katiebatey Fri 25-Jul-08 20:21:10

bump?

charliecat Fri 25-Jul-08 20:23:12

Think it would be polite to say cheers Mshighwater and then bump...

katiebatey Fri 25-Jul-08 22:25:52

have you come across from pedants grin

but you are right charliecat, thanks mshighwater blush

musrt be the only one going to corsica then..sigh

charliecat Fri 25-Jul-08 22:46:02

i haventgrin I just saw it and got the hump. Must be PMTgrin

Turniphead1 Fri 25-Jul-08 22:57:56

The Mark Warner website would have been your first port of call:

" Children's Equipment - In our resorts which offer Baby or Toddler Clubs we supply travel cots, steam sterilisers, nappy changing facilities, baby baths and potties. Nappies, processed food and powdered milk can all be purchased locally but if your child is used to a particular brand, we suggest you bring your own supplies."

At the kids high tea they provide pureed fruit and food suitable for a baby.

RuthT Fri 25-Jul-08 22:59:59

I went on a MW to Lakitira recently and you did have to take formula and nappies. Did put DD into the evening creche and they said they had no nappies for her hmm

wilkos Fri 25-Jul-08 23:01:58

cheers turniphead
am being a proper thicky tonight

wilkos Fri 25-Jul-08 23:02:44

oh yes, I am katiebatey by the way! changed name
thanks all

wilkos Fri 25-Jul-08 23:04:10

no nappies at a creche? jeez

am going to take formula and a few nappies I think

blithedance Fri 25-Jul-08 23:13:50

We were in Corsica last year with 2yo. The French nappies from the supermarket were great, better fit than the UK ones tbh, I was quite sad when we finished the packet. Take nappy sacks though, could not find those anywhere. Wipes were also fine, if rather perfumed IIRC.

We were not using formula but I think there was a pretty good selection of everything, if not in the supermarket then the pharmacies are huge, glossy and well stocked (more like perfume dept of a big store). Bastia has excellent shops.

Sorry cannot resist a envy do have a really great time.

wilkos Fri 25-Jul-08 23:21:24

thanks blithedance, very helpful! glad to hear you enjoyed it as well

off to bed now to write more packing lists...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now