Talk

Advanced search

Advice for 3 child car seats when travelling to France

(4 Posts)
Mummy23Angels Thu 24-Jul-08 20:52:50

We are planning our holiday to Vendee for next year and looking at all the advice on various sites, it seems I need 3 car seats - ages of my children at the time of the holiday will be 5yrs and 2yr old twins (who will be 4 weeks off 3yrs at the time of travel).

Currently under UK law as I can not fit 3 car seats (booster style or otherwise) in my car my eldest daughter is exempt from having a booster seat as long as I use the adult seatbelt for her. Is this the same in France as it does not specify?

Also we are hiring a car, as we are flying into Nantes - will the hire company insist that I have to have car seats for all children and specify that I have to have a larger vehicle to accommodate this?
Would be grateful for any advice.
Sian x

Marina Thu 24-Jul-08 21:11:16

This might clarify the matter for you

LIZS Thu 24-Jul-08 21:17:50

I'd say from that that you'd need to hire a bigger car. It isn't really for the hire company to insist but for you to comply or risk a fine.

tissy Thu 24-Jul-08 21:38:21

hmm

quite aside from what the law says, I would do anything necessary to get a car that allows you to transport all your chldren safely.

I doubt if the car hire company would insist on you taking 3 car seats, it's the responsibility of the driver, at least under UK law.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now