Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where is the best place to bok a short break to new york?

(4 Posts)
lizandlulu Wed 23-Jul-08 20:17:13

i have looked on a few web sites and not came up with anything. i just want an idea of what it will cost. i will prob go in to a travel agent to book but wuld like to be a little in the know before i gosmile
any advice greatly appreciated.

MrsTiddles Thu 24-Jul-08 18:22:40

Personally I would not do a package or via a travel agent.

You need a flight that takes you to JFK - its only a quick ride over to Manhattan, whereas if you go to Newark (New Jersey) its a longer drive into town. Many packages take you to Newark and you spend half your time in transfers etc.

Secondly you need to choose what area you want to stay in.

Downtown East Side - fashionable but affordable

Uptown East Side - by the park and Museums, more expensive and less characterful

I would highly recommend Time Out Guide to NYC or Fodors.

check availabilities on hotels before booking the flight, then book the hotel once you have your flights sorted.

good luck!

lizandlulu Thu 24-Jul-08 21:34:48

thnak you for that. i mentioned to dh last night about booking hotels and flights seperately. for some reason i didnt know if it was a good idea or not. i think it is just habit of thinking like that.

i have been before although 8 years ago, and stayed just off times square. i want to stay in that area again so i know my way about abit.

also all the fights i have seen go to newark, i couldnt remember where we went to before.

oohh its hard!

MrsTiddles Fri 25-Jul-08 08:36:47

I think you'll save money and time if you do these bookings yourself. More money and time to spend in the city!

have a lovely time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now