Talk

Advanced search

Great and Wise MNers, please find my family a holiday?

(5 Posts)
BibiThree Wed 23-Jul-08 12:09:24

I am at a complete loss as to where to go/what to do for a holiday next summer.
The last abroad holiday I had was 2002 to Florida, pre children, theme-park heaven. We took dd1 to Eurodisney on a bus trip 2 years ago but I sworenever, ever to go on a bus trip again!

We've got limited finances, but are trying to save for a foreign holiday, want somewhere relatively quiet, and suitable for me, dh, dd1 (who will be 4, nearly 5) and the dts (who will have just turned 2).

Oh, and we're confined to school holidays as dh is a teacher

Please help us!!!

BibiThree Wed 23-Jul-08 22:01:50

Bump?

purpleduck Wed 23-Jul-08 22:23:53

I really love CentreParcs in Holland (Kempervennen). Book early and you get an early booking discount, and I think you also can get a Young Family discount.
We have been 3 times and we love it.

dinkystinky Thu 24-Jul-08 09:22:28

How about camping BibiThree - or is that a total no-go? My friend went camping in France last year though one of the family friendly camping companies (went with a 4 year old and a 1 year old) at a site where the tents are preset up for you and all the family absolutely loved it.

Otherwise, we love going to Normandy and hiring a toddlerfriendly gite - is fairly cheap outside of school holiday times so not sure how expensive it is in peak school holiday times. We get the ferry over so is cheap. The place we've been to several times with DS (who loves it, especially as it has a playbarn full of toddler toys, a sandpit and lots of books and toys for kids inside is La Cour Aux Bourgeois - its on babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk (which has got loads of european self catering places on it).

BibiThree Thu 24-Jul-08 21:57:18

Ooooh, thank you, I will look into those suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now