Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby passport photos

(21 Posts)
lunavix Mon 07-Feb-05 19:42:38

How the h* do you do them?

We've had two goes in a booth, which have had comical results to go on the fridge (one with dp's head half in the shot as he tried to stop ds (9 months) bouncing, and another with ds lunging forwards towards the screen.

Help!

COD Mon 07-Feb-05 19:43:09

Message withdrawn

Gwenick Mon 07-Feb-05 19:43:21

Pop into a local photo shop - most of them do them for the same price as the booths.

lunavix Mon 07-Feb-05 19:43:41

He's in a stage 2 - we'd have to get it out the car and carry it in!

littlemissbossy Mon 07-Feb-05 19:44:02

I took ds to a chemist's that also processed photos, sat with him on my knee and they took the picture close up

dejags Mon 07-Feb-05 19:44:02

go into one of the photo processing shops - they get you to hold the baby up and have a way of taking the pic so you are excluded.

Frizbe Mon 07-Feb-05 19:44:09

got a mate with a photography studio to do them....that's cheating I guess! you could ask the local studio to do you a few, I understand they often will cheap/free cause its a babby

lunavix Mon 07-Feb-05 19:44:41

ooh thanks everyone!

kid Mon 07-Feb-05 19:45:29

local chemist does them and also some paper / post offices. They usually have a sign up in their window advertising it.

kid Mon 07-Feb-05 19:51:44

(that should be sweet shops / post offices)

mishi1977 Mon 07-Feb-05 20:14:43

if u have a lloyds chemists near by they definetly do them as i had ds done when he was 4mths

Blackduck Mon 07-Feb-05 20:22:12

We were told by the passport office to sit him on our lap with you wearing white and try to get as little of your head and as much as of theirs in the shot - they then airbrushed dp out....

fredtbad Mon 07-Feb-05 20:25:13

OMG!
This just happened to us. We spent 14quid and got photo's resembling those from Calvin & Hobbes!

zubb Mon 07-Feb-05 20:26:01

local photo shop here, they lay the baby on a white rug and did an overhead shot. Cost the same as a photo booth and you got 4 passport size photos.

yoyo Mon 07-Feb-05 20:27:19

Definitely go to a photo shop or a travel agent that checks passport applications. They take as many as necessary to fulfill the criteria and it works out cheaper I think as you don't end up redoing them in booths (on the fourth attempt we gave up).

Palmwoods Tue 08-Feb-05 13:01:15

We took our two week old to Snappy Snaps and they have a special white beanbag that she sat in they took the photo that way. It worked fine and the photo was accepted.

hayleylou Tue 08-Feb-05 13:02:59

In our travel agents they have a hand held camera and they just laid ds on the floor. I could not beleive how easy it was.

charlie01 Tue 08-Feb-05 13:05:05

I took one with a digital camera then sent it to one of the online photo shops, cropped it on their website then picked passport photo size. Worked really well and only cost about 50p. I do them all like that now, I have even got a nice picture of me on my driving license!

babylily Wed 09-Feb-05 12:06:40

Has anyone had their picture sent back because their mouth was open? I've just sent DD (18mnths) pictures off, but she never closes her mouth so the picture shows a lovely put and a couple of teeth. The rules seem to be really strict nowadays!

Jbck Sun 13-Feb-05 21:36:43

We had several goes in a booth all hysterical but useless. DH coldn't get the knack of getting his head out of the way before the flash.
Eventually took some at home with our digital camera & printed them off ourselves on photo paper & Bobs your Uncle! No problem with them.

Linnet Sun 13-Feb-05 22:39:01

WE took dd2 to Jessops to get her photo's done, she was 7 weeks old and they laid her on a big white pillow. She had her hand up by her face but the lady said that it would be ok and the passport arrived with no problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now