Talk

Advanced search

Travel insurance - any recommendations/anyone to steer clear of?

(3 Posts)
Callisto Tue 22-Jul-08 09:48:52

Hi all,

DP, 3yo DD and I will be going to Canada for 2 weeks soon and I need to sort out some travel insurance, medical, repatriation in case of horrible injury etc, and also extra cover for the RV in case of accidents (it is covered already but with a $800 excess which we'd like to avoid if possible). So, do you have any recommendations as (shamefully) travel insurance is something that I have only decided is necessary since becoming a (semi) responsible mother so I'm a travel insurance virgin. Any help gratefully recieved as always.

Roskva Tue 22-Jul-08 15:22:17

Read the small print before signing up to the policy to make sure it covers everything that you're likely to do, especially if you plan doing any outdoor activities from walking to horse riding to white water rafting - some policies don't even let go hiking. Also, tell the insurers about any pre-existing conditions and any prescription drugs you are taking: you don't want them to wiggle our of paying for a broken leg just because you didn't tell them about some other minor condition that you've had for years.

Callisto Tue 22-Jul-08 18:47:45

Good points - thanks Roskva.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now