Talk

Advanced search

Who did Interrail as a youngster? And could you imagine doing it again with children?

(5 Posts)
nkf Mon 21-Jul-08 12:42:22

Obviously some things would be different. Better accommodation and less snogging of random Frenchmen. But do you think children could enjoy it?

popsycal Mon 21-Jul-08 12:43:39

i did but exchamnge frenchmen for americans...

was a great time - myself and the friend i wwent with were just reminiscing last night

posieflump Mon 21-Jul-08 12:45:10

how old are the children? pushchair age I'd say it would be a bit of a nightmare

nkf Mon 21-Jul-08 12:47:23

Yes. Pushchairs would be awful. I was looking at the Interrail site and thinking how innocent and exciting it all seemed. I'm ancient so this is before the days of £1 flights taking stag parties to Prague. That was when it was the Continent.

Lucycat Mon 21-Jul-08 12:52:28

It was just the best holiday I ever had...but with children ....probably not. They'd winge too much about hanging round on train platforms and having to get random buses to places to find the municipal campsite, and having pasta for tea every night for a fortnight, with bread and cheese for lunch.

I lost about a stone in the month...and developed a fabulous 1990s tan (when it was allowed to do such a thing)

Happy Memories smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now