Talk

Advanced search

Do you bother with Travel Insurance if you are going to France on Keycamp type holiday?

(11 Posts)
GrapefruitMoon Mon 21-Jul-08 10:52:24

Going for two weeks - have booked the mobile home directly with the campsite and ferry separately.

Not sure whether to bother with travel insurance this year - will have the EHIC cards (old E111) and breakdown cover for the car.

What do you all think?

Marina Mon 21-Jul-08 10:53:52

Yes
a lot of healthcare is not conveniently covered by the E111, so we do take out separate travel insurance tbh

HolidaysQueen Mon 21-Jul-08 11:18:05

I'd definitely get it. What if something happens that means you need to be repatriated etc.? You could end up paying thousands. Not worth the risk. Also, most travel insurance pays out for things like travel delays etc. - we have used this several times.

lisasimpson Mon 21-Jul-08 11:20:31

Also if one of you falls ill the day before there's a chance of getting your money back from the cancellation clause with insurance

iBundle Mon 21-Jul-08 12:57:38

anyone got any good recommendations for family health insurance? ours (with direct line) need renewing - have searched on one of those sites for all companies but they all seem much of a muchnes.
ta

iBundle Tue 22-Jul-08 10:53:07

bump

sashmum Wed 23-Jul-08 16:48:06

just being nosy, where are you going as we are off on sunday with keycamp for two weeks, can't wait

LooptheLoop Wed 23-Jul-08 16:54:49

Would definitely get it.

I saw a nightmare programme about a family who had a car crash in France and were charged thousands for the costs of air ambulancing their child back to the UK. The EHIC card only covers medical needs in France - not repatriation etc.

madamy Wed 23-Jul-08 17:01:39

This company do cheap travel insurance and you can choose your level of cover too.

DontNeedAnything Wed 23-Jul-08 17:02:10

We are going with Canvas life. They would not accept a booking without insurance (i.e. they would automatically have applied their own), so felt we had no choice. But yes I wanted travel insurance anyway.

Leslaki Wed 23-Jul-08 17:46:44

try Atlas Direct they usualy work out cheap! Seem to offer adequate cover as well.
Don'tNeed - where are you going with canvas life? We're going to Porofelice in Italy this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now