Talk

Advanced search

A really silly question re pram on train

(10 Posts)
hf128219 Fri 18-Jul-08 21:48:13

This will sound silly but where do you put your pram on a train? Collapse it down and into luggage rack or do you put it in the Guards cabin?

It's a Bugaboo - I won't have the carrycot bit with me, just a car seat which I plan dd to sit in for most of the journey.

Any advice greatly received!

WarmFuzzy Fri 18-Jul-08 21:50:57

In the aisle, uncollapsed for a speedy exit, brake on, with or without a baby in it.

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 18-Jul-08 21:51:48

How can you put it in the aisle? People will want to walk up and down?

HumphreyCushioni Fri 18-Jul-08 21:53:21

You wouldn't be able to block the aisle.

snickersnack Fri 18-Jul-08 21:54:03

If it's a long journey, collapsed and in the luggage rack definitely as there's no room on intercity trains to keep it up. But some local trains have quite hefty spaces at the ends of carriages or by the doors - I've certainly managed to leave mine up on some shorter journeys out of London without it getting in anyone's way.

roquefort Fri 18-Jul-08 21:55:31

Sort of depends on the style of train - on commuter trains there is generally lots of space for a buggy in the area by the doors unless train is crowded. If long distance you will proably have to collapse the chassis and put it in the luggage rack at the end of the carriage and take car seat with you.

hf128219 Fri 18-Jul-08 21:59:57

Gosh that was quick! It's a Virgin train (2.5 hour journey). Probably splash out on a 1st class ticket - as they are nice and cheap if I book now!

WarmFuzzy Fri 18-Jul-08 22:30:28

Sorry, I meant the space by the doors. I have never been on a train that couldn't have a buggy there.

JuliaL Sun 20-Jul-08 08:04:54

I find that the best thing to do is to go to the 'assistance' section of the train company's website and ask for some! They are normally pretty helpful - I've even been upgraded for free once or twice. It is also worth asking for seats in the carriage with the baby change (often just one on a very long train).

crazymummy84 Mon 21-Jul-08 21:08:05

I hate new trains where the seats are so close together. When I had my DD 6 years ago the seats had space to fit in between.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now