Talk

Advanced search

Taking my 2 year old ds on a cruise in 3 weeks need tips/advice please....

(9 Posts)
VinegarTits Fri 18-Jul-08 09:23:43

I have never taken him abroad before, we are going on a cruise around the Med, any tips on what to pack, do's and dont's of holidaying with a small child. Anyone else been on a cruise with a toddler before? its my first ever crusie, am very excited but a bit unsure what to expect smile

bigspender30 Fri 18-Jul-08 16:18:04

Who are you cruising with as some are more formal than others.

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 18-Jul-08 16:35:16

Blimey - you're brave! Would be too worried about dd falling overboard to take her on a cruise!

VinegarTits Sun 20-Jul-08 14:27:41

Cruising with Island Cruies, very informal, i'm not worried about him falling voerborad because i will be watching him like a hawk, much the same as i would on any holiday i might take him on hmm

VinegarTits Sun 20-Jul-08 14:28:25

voerborad obvioulsy means overboard!

bigspender30 Sun 20-Jul-08 21:57:34

If your ds is anything like mine then I would recommend reins ! Also, make sure you pack seasickness tablets. Hope you don't get sea sick but its always useful to have with you ( been on 2 cruises and needed them at some point on both occasions). Are you excited?

VinegarTits Mon 21-Jul-08 08:35:30

I'm very excited, yes reins are a good idea, i do have some but my ds is not a wonderer, and always holds my hand, so have never really used them. I am also think of buying an out of distance child monitor, the one i have seem has a range of 50m.

everlong Mon 21-Jul-08 22:21:53

I've never been on a cruise, but do have a small child!

Don't forget favourite toys, books and maybe a few new games etc.

Just try and keep to your normal routine ie sleep, naps, food and you should be fine.

Enjoy!

Washersaurus Mon 21-Jul-08 22:26:41

We took DS1 on a cruise from Florida to Mexico for our honeymoon when he was 1yo. It was fab, the staff really went out of their way to look after him and us, especially with regard to his food and milk.

We took some walkie talkies with a baby listening setting so that we could lock our suite and go for a drink/meal in the evening after he had gone to bed. We never went too far though as I felt a bit uncomfortable. Our porter (or whatever he was) always checked the corridors and listened in at the door for us too grin

We didn't experience any problems with sea sickness or anything as the ship is so big you barely notice you are moving!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now