Talk

Advanced search

Anyone taken their Micralite on holiday?

(6 Posts)
peachygirl Thu 17-Jul-08 19:56:59

We are off on holiday soon and our main buggy is a micralite. We have the travel bag (got it when we bought it off ebay)

I wonder if a buggy more recline positions would be better?

Mimsy2000 Thu 17-Jul-08 20:00:31

i had a micralite and got rid of it b/c it didn't recline enough for my ds to take a decent nap. also bloody tippy those things!

having said that, they do travel well and are very light!

caughtintheact Thu 17-Jul-08 20:11:52

I've had this dilemma and ended up taking our 'b' buggy instead, which is a maclaren quest. reasons:
-it reclines nearly flat so better for naps and as we spent a lot of time out and about this was quite important
-i find it easier to fold and it's a bit more compact so great in the car
-it doesn't have pneumatic tyres so no need to worry about punctures
however
i love how easy the micralite is to push and usually miss that when we're using the maclaren...

if you are flying and do take the micralite remember to let the tyres down a bit to allow for the change in pressure in the plane.

peachygirl Thu 17-Jul-08 20:15:23

Thanks, It probably would be a maclaren or similar that I would get for travelling.

I do love the micralite though.

I had already thought about going and buying spare inner tubes in case of a puncture! Great tip about the tyres though

NigellaTheOriginal Thu 17-Jul-08 20:16:35

you know i read the title as microlight - as in small airoplane/hanglider thing.
was wondering how you'd get it in the suitcase.

peachygirl Thu 17-Jul-08 20:21:24

I wondered if anyone would think I was going to buy it a bucket and spade grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now