Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Will the Algarve be too chilly at the end of March?

(9 Posts)
Beatie Sat 05-Feb-05 20:13:25

We usually go away during Easter holidays but they are so early this year. I s The Alrgarve going to cold at the end of March? Any ideas?

dramaqueen72 Sat 05-Feb-05 20:20:16

hmmmm, maybe windy but not cold, we usually spend april there and its nice enough to get brown i'd add cardigans to your packing
it'll be nicer than here anyhow!!!

Fennel Sat 05-Feb-05 20:23:55

I went at the end of March once and it was warm - ok for sunbathing, even a bit of sea swimming. not very windy.

cupcakes Sat 05-Feb-05 20:24:05

we stayed in mid May and it was glorious. Our friends who live there permanently certainly have no complaints.
Second the packing of cardigans and I suppose the sea might not be warm enough for babies.

Tommy Sat 05-Feb-05 20:29:52

I went in February half term once. Swam in an outdoor (unheated) pool for a dare but didn't do it again. Nice enough to sit out during the day in shirts and t shirts but a bit chilly in the evening.

SecondhandRose Sat 05-Feb-05 20:41:05

Def too cold and you've got the Atlantic Ocean too. How about v. southern Spain?

dolally Sat 05-Feb-05 21:12:06

If you're lucky and it's sunny it will be ok to sunbathe and swim in a (well heated) pool. If not, when it rains it really rains!

Beatie Sun 06-Feb-05 08:24:03

Hmmm - it's not looking promising is it?

Our other alternative is May half term but its so incredibly expensive. Anyone know how to get a cheap break away during this period?

Beatie Sun 06-Feb-05 08:24:21

Actually, I'll start a new thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now