Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

advice needed for holiday in cyprus

(6 Posts)
louise84 Wed 16-Jul-08 23:12:22

we are travelling to cyprus with our ten month old daughter in august i'm confused on how to make up her bottles of formula she is on hip organic follow on. i'm not sure if i should boil the water or use mineral water such as evian?

also any tips on entertaining a ten month old on a plane she will be sitting on our laps and i very much doubt she will sleep which will make for one grouchy baby!

Also do you think it will be ok to get nappies etc when we are there we are in paphos so i'm thinking there should be a supermarket that we can get items from?

Any tips at all gratefully received

sunnylabsmum Sat 19-Jul-08 16:42:04

friends of mine who like me live here report formula and nappies are expensive so they order via Boots online. Bring some sudocrem as it is v. expensive here

For the flight, some books, a small pad and pencils/crayons a cuddly and strong will!!

Do remember insect repellent as the mossies are quite nasty at night.

Its getting quite warm here so look for the shade....34C regularly during the day and only drops about 8C at night

Hope that you enjoy cyprus

elmoandella Sat 19-Jul-08 21:40:17

use bottled water boiled to make up formaula.
you get huge bottles of local bottled water really cheap.

if she's due a nap when on the plane take a bf pillow with you. one of the really soft ones. they you can tranfer her to your oh lap or a spare seat if needed with her sleeping on it.

nappies are a bit expensive. but still cheaper than paying for excess luggage. lol

enjot the hols

mosschops30 Sat 19-Jul-08 21:48:22

I always packed ds's nappies when he was in them, they were stuffed in every corner, in between all the clothes, in hand luggage, everywhere grin

cyprus is lovely I adore it, going again 2nd time this year in september. Have an amazing time. Where are you staying in paphos?

MaryBS Sat 19-Jul-08 21:49:17

I would also say watch the salt/mineral content of the water you do buy. Some can be very high in sodium.

Enjoy!

louise84 Sun 20-Jul-08 20:51:39

thanks so much for the tips we are staying at the Almyra Hotel in Paphos its supposed to be really child friendly!

I can't wait to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now