Talk

Advanced search

Roisin - how was Oasis?

(8 Posts)
emsiewill Sat 05-Feb-05 00:48:15

Been trawling through old threads and I see you went to Oasis at the end of Jan for the weekend. We are going in 2 weeks for the weekend, and I wondered how it was, and whether you have any tips for us?

emsiewill Sat 05-Feb-05 10:41:39

Bump - I've seen you around this morning - are you still there?

grumpyfrumpy Sat 05-Feb-05 10:47:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

roisin Sat 05-Feb-05 10:50:42

Hiya! We had a great time - weather was lovely.

What accommodation are you staying in, and how old are your children?

emsiewill Sat 05-Feb-05 11:01:43

We're staying in a 3 bed woodland villa (think that's what it's called - nothing posh, though) girls are 8 and 5.5. Only going for 3 nights, so would appreciate some tips on what to avoid etc (thanks for yours grumpyfrumpy)

PrincessFiona Sat 05-Feb-05 11:09:35

Are they all log cabins?

Otherwise is it like Centre Parcs?

roisin Sat 05-Feb-05 12:06:45

Hiya!

We stayed in a fairly basic Forest Lodge, and it was fine.

My boys are 5.5 and 7.5, and there's loads of stuff you can't do until you're 8 So your dd should have lots of choice at least!

We booked them in to do a kids club at 12.00 on the day we arrived, which worked quite well as we could then look around and get our bearings, and have a relaxing lunch. They got a (fairly basic) packed lunch with the kids club too. DS1 enjoyed the club, but ds1 found it rather boring.

There were long queues for the bikes earlier, so we went down at about 5.30 pm when it was very quiet. It was dark then, and the boys enjoyed the adventure of going out for a walk/ride with torches. (Don't forget your torches!)

Personally I found the waterworld a bit crowded and noisy, but the kids loved it! We went at least once every day.

I found the supermarket quite reasonably-priced, though actually we had shopped before we arrived. But - as anticipated - I found the 'eateries' overpriced and very dubious quality and service.

What else? The boys loved going to the Rangers Lodge and watching the red squirrels and birds feeding. We enjoyed walking and riding along the forest trails and seeing loads of birds you don't normally see, as well as rabbits and red squirrels.

That's all I can think of right now. Have fun!

roisin Sat 05-Feb-05 12:08:33

We booked a babysitter for an evening, which was quite pricey, but worth it! Dh and I went to the Spa for 3 hrs, which was fantastic: very relaxing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now