Talk

Advanced search

Tapas in Barcelona your recommendations please!

(6 Posts)
northender Tue 15-Jul-08 22:40:02

Never been to Spain before. dh and I are there (minus dcs smile)for 2 days this weekend. I'd like to eat genuine tapas at a place not aimed at tourists if possible. We are on a tight budget so not too pricey either

vonsudenfed Wed 16-Jul-08 01:55:39

Best place for cheap and good is any of the stalls at the back of the (huge) Boqueria market - this is just off the Ramblas and a fantastic Art Nouveau vision of amazing veg and seafood in its own right. So lunch there is the answer.

And then - for cava - go to the tiled bar on the same street as the picasso museum (opposite side a bit further down) and drink cheap cava out of Babycham glasses.

And have fun!

vonsudenfed Wed 16-Jul-08 01:55:40

Best place for cheap and good is any of the stalls at the back of the (huge) Boqueria market - this is just off the Ramblas and a fantastic Art Nouveau vision of amazing veg and seafood in its own right. So lunch there is the answer.

And then - for cava - go to the tiled bar on the same street as the picasso museum (opposite side a bit further down) and drink cheap cava out of Babycham glasses.

And have fun!

zebramama Wed 16-Jul-08 11:59:12

Yep spot on - the market there is great. We ate wonderful food there last summer.
I know you said you are on a tight budget but if you decide to treat yourself (and have baby sitters) then the "Best" restaurant in Barcelona is called "Commerc24". The food is outstanding but you can expect to pay £100 per head and you need to be adventurous in what you eat!

becks5109 Wed 16-Jul-08 12:00:20

there's a chain called El Mussol that are really good and authentic, we went to this one El Mussol – Carrer Casp 19 (v. near Placa de Catalunya)

northender Thu 17-Jul-08 16:59:48

Thank you so much. The pricey restaurant is out of our range this time unfortunately but the market sounds fab and the cava idea I like too. Am now sooo excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now