Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Redhill, Surrey - Shopping Centres

(9 Posts)
jenkel Fri 04-Feb-05 21:31:36

We are off for a weekend away in Feb to celebrate our wedding anniversary at a hotel near Redhill. I want to take this opportunity to go shopping one day for me, an impossibility with 2 children under 3. Can you please let me know where a good shopping centre is that is closeish to Redhill, Next, Monsoon, Gap etc and some nice interesting shops to browse through.

Lonelymum Fri 04-Feb-05 21:32:33

I have never been there, but Crawley is supposed to have a shopping centre worth the visit.

lockets Fri 04-Feb-05 21:35:07

Message withdrawn

Mo2 Fri 04-Feb-05 21:38:41

The bad news is that there isn't one .
Redhill has NO decent women's clothing shops.

Reigate, which is the next little town (about a mile away) has quite a few nice clothing shops for women (Monsoon, Phase Eight, Gedo, East, Blink, Fat Face, Benetton) but not Next or Gap, and not enough for a whole day's shopping.

If you want Next /Gap you will need to go to Croydon or Guildford.

OR you could drive round the M25 to Kent and BLUEWATER shopping centre which has everything and is really rather nice. (I've quite easily spent 12+ housrs shopping there.... )

Bet you're staying at Nutfield Priory - we had our Wedding Night there!!! Have fun...

Mo2 Fri 04-Feb-05 21:40:11

Crawley?

sorry, no.............

Lonelymum Fri 04-Feb-05 21:49:50

No? People round here go there but I have never made it further than Horsham.

jenkel Fri 04-Feb-05 21:54:41

Yes, we are staying at Nutfield Priory, is it good?

Mo2 Fri 04-Feb-05 22:32:11

Jenkel - yes, it's lovely. And we like the Cloisters restaurant there - very romantic/ inimate...

There's also a separate Health & beauty club with a nice Spa & treatment area - you could always fit in a massage?
It's actually where I go to the gym, so I might see you!

Lonelymum - I didn't really mean to be rude about Crawley - the shopping centre IS good for kids clothes/ toys/ household stuff etc, but I've never really felt it was much good for clothes shopping.

geogteach Sat 05-Feb-05 19:34:18

I have to agree with MO2. Redhill avoid (and I live there), Bluewater if you want serious shopping in a covered centre, Guildford if you're after more character!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now