Talk

Advanced search

Is Cornwall that much warmer & drier than N. Wales in August?

(10 Posts)
johnnybuoy Tue 15-Jul-08 14:37:23

We're planning to go away for a week in August to a holiday cottage. I want to go to N. Wales cos' it seems much cheaper than Cornwall/Devon where my wife wants to go, she claims the weather is much better there.
Pls help me convince her otherwise!

Tortington Tue 15-Jul-08 14:38:36

CORNWALL
or
wales

there is no competition imo

and i have never been to cornwall grin

N wales is literally the mole on the mole on the arse of the universe.

StellaDallas Tue 15-Jul-08 14:40:03

I live in Devon and if it gets any wetter we will be floating off to sea.

MehgaLegs Tue 15-Jul-08 14:41:24

It pissed down in Cornwall last August. We are going again this year and I fear it will be the same.

Fennel Tue 15-Jul-08 16:27:30

The weather in the llyn peninsula in North Wales is much better than in mainland N Wales (Snowdonia area). Peninsulas do get more sunshine and blue skies. so if you want the best of the weather in N Wales, the llyn peninsula is lovely.

foxymolly Tue 15-Jul-08 16:30:00

Not a fan of north wales then custardo?! grin

cardy Tue 15-Jul-08 16:32:19

Not at the moment - you need to get the hell out of this country to get warmer and drier!

PILs are in Devon and it is WET!

South East is a better bet for weather.

Stargazer Tue 15-Jul-08 16:34:29

I live in North Wales. The weather has been lovely this week (although that's no guarantee). It could certainly be warmer and drier in Cornwall in August, but it could be like that here too!! You're planning on staying in the UK - so it's anyone's guess. We went to Cornwall last year for a holiday it was lovely - but we came home to Wales - like a holiday everyday wink

Fennel Tue 15-Jul-08 16:35:55

I like Cornwall and Devon AND North Wales. All good holiday places.

my bit of Devon is sunny today. smile and has been nice this weekend.

cazzybabs Tue 15-Jul-08 16:36:38

humm the llyn peninsula was not lovely the week I was there - well it was lovely buit my god it was cold...lots of jumpers and wolly hats whilst sitting on the beach making sand castle. Not the mind mind you - I prefer that than too hot!

I am off to Cornwall this year so can compare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now