Talk

Advanced search

Which DisneyWorld Florida hotel?

(10 Posts)
Clayhead Fri 04-Feb-05 19:34:14

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Frizbe Fri 04-Feb-05 19:35:59

we're going at easter with virgin and they did a very good deal on the holiday inn, boring I know, but couldn't really get any cheaper!

Linnet Fri 04-Feb-05 23:50:11

We're going in October and we're staying at the Quality Inn Plaza.

We're also flying with Virgin Frizbe, could you post after your holiday to let me know what the airline is like I've never flown with them before.

soapbox Fri 04-Feb-05 23:55:28

We stayed here the last two times we have been. We paid $120 dollars per night for a 2 bedroom apartment which sleeps up to 8 people. They do swim movie nights where they rig up a big screen next to the swimming pool and you can swim while you watch a movie. Kids loved it

mummygow Sat 05-Feb-05 00:06:47

I've stayed in 2 the first was the... oh cant remember name, something like (something French Quarter) the second we the All Sport Hotel - dd was only 8 months so couldn't get full enjoyment out of it but older kids would - I think this is one of the cheap range of hotels but certainly dont look cheap of have cheap service just lots of fun -

mummygow Sat 05-Feb-05 00:24:16

It was Disneys Port Orleans French Quarters - Here is a link to The All-Star Sport - they also have All-Star Music, All-Star Movie and Disneys Pop Century and these are the "value hotels"

\link{http://disney.co.uk/usa-resorts/waltdisneyworld/11/B/3/}

mummygow Sat 05-Feb-05 00:25:41

really cant do links - how do u do them - have tried following instructions

sallyme Sat 05-Feb-05 09:05:17

why stay in a hotel when you could stay in a fabulous Villa try here we would never go back to staying in hotels again, especially when you can get up in the morning and swim in your own pool.

SecondhandRose Sat 05-Feb-05 09:28:28

Depends what you're looking for. If you stay in an 'official' Disney hotel you get to go in certain parks early on certain days and stay later in the evenings.

Get a book called The Unofficial Guide to WDW, it's a brilliant book full of just about everything. It even has room sizes and layouts for the WDW resorts.

WDW hotels are expensive, you get little tiny Disney toiletries but apart from that you could be in any hotel. The pools tend to be great, many with waterslides.

I would recommend either getting a hotel that offers suites so you get more room or a house. The newest resort just opening is Windsor Hills. As well as having your own pool there is also a community pool, toddler pool, tennis and basketball courts, cinema (free) and a play area. If you get sick of your own company you can go to the community pool.

If you are going soon, try Windsor Palms as it is already up and running and runs with the same amenities. They are both off Marker 5 on the 192 in Kissimmee.

Hulababy Sat 05-Feb-05 09:41:31

WE stayed in a villa at Windsor Palms resort - about 2 miles from Disney and it was lovely. The pool was great - DD used it instead of a bath most days ;) We booked through Travel City Direct.

How many of you are going? Obviously a villa can work out much cheaper the more of you there are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now